2 year check
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: 2 year check

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2 year check

How long are your 2 year checks? Do you just cover the 3 main areas? How much "Opinion" do you add in? Its hard to be purely factual!

Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I did one earlier this year and I used the proforma from childcare.co.uk. It was just over a page long, but so much of that was headings and spaces etc so it wasn't really much writing at all. Just the three main areas and then next steps. I try to keep it factual.

Have you seen the form/checklist that HVs send parents? That helps to point you in the right direction of things to say if you are a bit stuck in some areas. Can't remember what the form is called off the top of my head, but it's the one which asks if they can thread and jump amongst other things.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    I did one earlier this year and I used the proforma from childcare.co.uk. It was just over a page long, but so much of that was headings and spaces etc so it wasn't really much writing at all. Just the three main areas and then next steps. I try to keep it factual.

Have you seen the form/checklist that HVs send parents? That helps to point you in the right direction of things to say if you are a bit stuck in some areas. Can't remember what the form is called off the top of my head, but it's the one which asks if they can thread and jump amongst other things.
    Thanks Maza, i'll look for the form on childcare.co.uk. I've done them before but am struggling to get started with this one for some reason!

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We have a form that the LA use which is very basic and does just cover the 3 prime areas. We can use our own but I like their simple one. I know some childminders who do pages for the report and cover all the areas of learning and development. The statutory guidance says we only have to do the 3 main areas.
    Pixie Dust

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I literally write a brief sentence for 3 prime areas and Coel.
    I then write a sentence or 2 on what they like to do at my house, a sentence or 2 on what parents say they like to do at home and then another sentence or 2 on a couple of things we are all going to work on together like maybe potty training, encouraging self care/independence, developing vocabulary etc. I leave a space/ box for parents to make any comments, but generally no one does

If the child attends another setting, then I speak to them and put down what the child likes doing there and what they think needs working on. I also send them a copy to keep.