Toys Worst and Best/Wish lists
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  10
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Toys Worst and Best/Wish lists

Do you have any toys or resources on your wish list right now? What would you say your best toys/resources are and what have been your worst?

Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

my best toys are the wooden train set, duplo, cars/garage, dolls, roleplay stuff (including kitchen/food), small world, puzzles and my loose parts collection! ( including all the old and toy phones/cameras/electronic toys ) oh and books, but I don't count them as toys!

playdough, rice& pasta to scoop/mix/pour, guttering and balls/cars/water/anything and my 'wacky water droppers' are current favourites as well.

they love the small wooden peg people/houses/etc as well.

I don't have any toys on my wish list , except a new mini trampoline for the garden, but even that, i'm going to see how the children react to it not being there, before buying a new one! I'm trying very hard to resist buying any more peg people/grapart etc, but I do feel that i have enough now !!!

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

I still have my indoor mini tuff tray and stand on my list. But now it’s getting warmer we are in the garden much more for doing messy activities. Do I wait to get or get now?

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Most frequently played with toys - vehicles of any kind, train track, kitchen role play stuff, water play stuff,

None toys which are firm favourites - mug stand with curtain rings, napkin rings and bangles, jewellery box with little drawers that they can pull out and fit back in, variety of every day containers for filling and emptying/transporting, home made posting toys (rough and ready), pine cones outside, gutttering and stands for outside

Happyland - Looks lovely but I'm so frustrated with the doors coming off that I won't buy any more, but the people are good - multi-cultural too.

I love my collection of animals (mostly schleich) because I usually put out one or two as story props to support our current book.

Wishlist - Ikea flisat table, chunky beads/cotton reels for threading (going to look in the charity shops), I'd love a climbing frame but I'm never going to get one. I actually need some more balls - mini footballs and general throwing and catching equipment.

I've convinced myself that I need a wooden crate for my display/interest tables, because everyone has one on pinterest.

5. Likes Pixie dust, loocyloo liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I've convinced myself that I need a wooden crate for my display/interest tables, because everyone has one on pinterest.

They do look lovely but if I set anything up on my open shelving unit the children don't engage with it they take it off ay play with it somewhere else.

Our role play kitchen and food is a constant favourite along side the wooden blocks. Happyland is a big favourite here too!

On my wish list I have large size building blocks but they are so expensive so I don't think I will ever get them. I am trying to not buy anything at the moment as I have so many resources stashed all over the place
    Pixie Dust

7. Likes Maza, loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I bought a crate from the works .... I've never used it and DD pinched it for something!

9. Likes Maza, Dragonfly liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I was looking at them in the Works - and I could imagine my DD stealing it too!

11. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have just remembered that I would like a little picnic bench style little table for outside as we have been having snacks outside but I am thinking about having lunch out there too and as I cook a meal at lunch time it's better to have a proper little table to sit at.......anyone have any recommendations?
    Pixie Dust

13. Likes loocyloo, Dragonfly liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie dust View Post
    I have just remembered that I would like a little picnic bench style little table for outside as we have been having snacks outside but I am thinking about having lunch out there too and as I cook a meal at lunch time it's better to have a proper little table to sit at.......anyone have any recommendations?
    I was looking for a childrens wooden picnic bench type table but they all seemed a bit flimsy, and I was worried about the smaller children not being able to reach the table safely, as the benches always seem a long way away from the table! ( I did see a one that could also be a sandpit, maybe plum toys? but can't remember ) In the end I bought a plastic table and chairs from tesco or similar, and have just replaced them after 10 years ( nothing wrong with them, just very faded, and marked by 'grot' ... they've gone into the green house to be used when needed! ) with a new set from B&M Kids Stacking Table - Blue | Children's Garden Furniture - B&M Kids Stacking Chair - Red | Children's Garden Furniture - B&M £18 for a table and 4 chairs. I like the chairs having arms, as it means the smaller children are more contained. They seem very sturdy, and 'thicker' than the previous set I had.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    I was looking for a childrens wooden picnic bench type table but they all seemed a bit flimsy, and I was worried about the smaller children not being able to reach the table safely, as the benches always seem a long way away from the table! ( I did see a one that could also be a sandpit, maybe plum toys? but can't remember ) In the end I bought a plastic table and chairs from tesco or similar, and have just replaced them after 10 years ( nothing wrong with them, just very faded, and marked by 'grot' ... they've gone into the green house to be used when needed! ) with a new set from B&M Kids Stacking Table - Blue | Children's Garden Furniture - B&M Kids Stacking Chair - Red | Children's Garden Furniture - B&M £18 for a table and 4 chairs. I like the chairs having arms, as it means the smaller children are more contained. They seem very sturdy, and 'thicker' than the previous set I had.

Oh thanks for that!
    Pixie Dust

16. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Not sure if you can order online though x

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    Not sure if you can order online though x
    We have a B&Ms very local to us and I normally go later in the day when it isn't busy.
    Pixie Dust

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I miss my Little Tikes/Tykes picnic bench. I got rid of it when I was taking a break from childminding because it was big to store and you couldn't fold it down. Yes, it was plastic and big, bright and bold, but it was sturdy enough for little ones to cope with when they might tip a chair, but light enough for me to quickly move from room to room, or outside.