Likes Likes:  7
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What have you got planned?

So, what do you all have planned for next week/the rest of the month?

I think we'll have a loose pond theme going on - is it a bit early for duckilngs and other baby water birds?

Last month, we focused on the three bears/pigs and goats and they were really successful - the billy goats gruff one slightly less successful because mindee was a bit scared of the troll, so we underplayed that. I was going to continue with traditional fairy stories with a repeated refrain - Red Riding Hood and Jack and the Beanstalk, but I think he might be a bit scared of the wolf/giant. I might do the gingerbread man instead.

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have an almost 4 year old who is frightened of any stories with wolves, witches, trolls etc in. It makes reading fairy stories really tricky. I do believe it stemmed from a genuine fear but I also think she realised she could use it as a form of control/attention seeking. She'll sit shaking, saying "I don't like it. Read (whatever her favourite book was at the time) instead". I've had to persevere as she's going to school in September and I know she'll have to listen to fairy stories there as they make a big thing of using stories with a repeated refrain.

I found the Gingerbread Man was a safe read and there are so many ways to extend the learning. We had it as a theme for quite a while.

I'll have 2 going to school in September so one of our themes will be about starting school.

We're also going to be doing pets and baby animals.

4. Likes Maza, loocyloo liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

That's quite funny Mouse that she was using it as a form of control lol. My mindee also tries to use books as a form of control, but in a different way. We'll start one book, which I know he likes, and he will either try to turn the page before I am ready or he will just request a different book, then another. I went with it for a while, but now I 'kindly insist' that we finish this one first. We only read short books, so I'm not putting him through War and Peace.

I can't wait to have a good rummage around the library soon. I don't really know this library in my new area properly. I loved the one in my old area, the children's section was massive. It was at the end of my street too, with a big grassy area and playground next to it so we could make a whole morning of our visits there. Sadly, I have to go all the way into town to the library where I live now.

6. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I can't wait to get back to my library either Maza. .. it's about 10 minute walk ( for little legs ) and we usually stop at the bakers or coffee shop on the way there or back!

I'm doing mini beasts for the next half term with a little detour into frogs!

I'm just looking forward to getting out and about and meeting up with friends.

8. Likes Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

The next hygge box is mini beasts loocyloo. I am giving it a miss this month, so you'll have to let me know what you get in it this time.

10. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We had our caterpillars arrive today so we are doing some activities around them plus we have started planting seeds. I have 3 starting school in September so we do a lot around going to school. To be honest I don't really plan to much I just follow the children's lead in what interests them.
    Pixie Dust

12. Likes Maza liked this post