How many children
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How many children

How many EYFS children do you care for in the bulk part of your day? I find 3 too much and then cant do school runs with them all! But 3 would make me financially better off!

Registered Childminder since
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

I have 3 but only one school child during holidays, so don’t do school runs at the moment ( I had done school runs 23/4 years)

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I used to have 2 or 3. I currently have one on my books, full time. Obviously it's really easy getting out and about, no naps to co-ordinate, only one palate to think of, one drop off/pick up to stress me out...

I need at least one more child, but already I'm thinking 'how on earth will I cope with two!' I've done it before, so I know I will manage, and I know you lot do many children regularly - I am in awe of you all.

I think you adapt your expectations to make it manageable (I'm hoping, lol). Obviously, some things you can't change, like the need to do a school run. One of mine used to leave just before the school run so that was perfect. On the days where I had three I wouldn't travel as far, we would mostly do extended garden play for our fresh air, or go to a very local field.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

3 or 4 EY every day, pretty much all day, plus 2 or 3 after school ( and 5 today!! ) I do only work 4 days though.

I have a double or single buggy, with a clip on buggy board/seat if i need for 3 little ones. I have straps for walkers to hold. School is a 10/15 minute walk each way.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

A few years ago I had two 3 year olds and two 4 year olds most days (continuity of care) and loved it. That was my perfect set up.

Now I have 3 children most days and 4 one day a week. But I don't have my own young children and I don't do school runs. I do think that makes a difference to how many I'm happy having. I also only work 4 days a week so get a day off to recover! I prefer to have more children a day over fewer days than fewer children over 5 days.

6. Likes Dragonfly, loocyloo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    A few years ago I had two 3 year olds and two 4 year olds most days (continuity of care) and loved it. That was my perfect set up.

Now I have 3 children most days and 4 one day a week. But I don't have my own young children and I don't do school runs. I do think that makes a difference to how many I'm happy having. I also only work 4 days a week so get a day off to recover! I prefer to have more children a day over fewer days than fewer children over 5 days.
    I dont mind it when they are all of walking age but 3 under 3 i struggle with! I think when i give up school runs i will definitely take on more.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mumofone View Post
    I dont mind it when they are all of walking age but 3 under 3 i struggle with! I think when i give up school runs i will definitely take on more.
    It is really tough when they're all that young.

I'm getting quite picky in my old age and I prefer to only have one non-walker at a time! I haven't got a double pushchair any more and don't want to get one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    It is really tough when they're all that young.

I'm getting quite picky in my old age and I prefer to only have one non-walker at a time! I haven't got a double pushchair any more and don't want to get one.
    I'd love to get rid of my double buggy and only ever use a single! One of the downsides of this job!!