Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Easter Time off

Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Easter Time off

Have you decided if and when you are taking any time off over Easter?

I would probably offer to work through, as I need the money and mindee is no trouble, but it's nice for DD to have me/the house to herself for a while. Hopefully, we might even be able to go on the occasional day out too by then...

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I am taking a week off over Easter. I try and let parents know at the start of the year planned holiday dates for the coming year so they can then arrange cover or book leave from work. I normally take 4 weeks off over the year even though we don't go away it's good to have time off to recharge the batteries. I normally take a week at Easter, a week over the summer plus Christmas then the other days depends on when DH is home so it may just be a couple of days here and there.
    Pixie Dust

3. Likes Maza liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll be taking a week off at Easter, like I always do. I haven't decided which week I'll take yet and have asked parents if any of them have a preference. I don't usually ask them, but I can be flexible this time as I haven't got anything planned. Only one set of parents is currently working so I'll probably go with their choice if there's a difference of opinion! So far no one has said they'd prefer one week over the other though

Is your mindee full time Maza? Presumably you'll have Good Friday and Easter Monday off anyway, so if you don't want to take a full week off you could just add a couple of days onto that long weekend.

5. Likes Maza, Dragonfly liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm taking a week at Easter. I always do, and we usually try to get away - usually in the campervan for a few days in the Dales or somewhere. Who knows this year! Last year we were meant to be going to spain for a week, as had a crazy summer with lots happening ... none of which happened !!!!

I need the week to just be 'me', and after this term, which has seemed much more 'full on' that normal, i'm really looking forward to it.

I could never get parents to agree on a week, so i chose and let everyone know in the september. I prefer to take the week before Easter, but it depends when Easter falls within the school holidays, and this year, i'm taking the week after, as that suited the rest of the family! I'm hoping that we'll be able to go out for a few days - just driving to somewhere new or just different to our immediate area for a walk. I am really missing the beach/coast! we've got so much amazing coastline, but it's a 45 minute drive so not essential at the moment!

7. Likes Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, he's full time and I will definitely have the Friday and Monday off. Like you, Mouse, I was also considering asking them if they had a preference.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Have you decided if and when you are taking any time off over Easter?

I would probably offer to work through, as I need the money and mindee is no trouble, but it's nice for DD to have me/the house to herself for a while. Hopefully, we might even be able to go on the occasional day out too by then...
    I'd love to but have had a couple of days off this week so feel I better work through the next break! How old is your DD Maza?

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Mumofone, my DD is 12. Will you at least be able to get Good Friday and Easter Monday off?

I've booked a week off.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Mumofone, my DD is 12. Will you at least be able to get Good Friday and Easter Monday off?

I've booked a week off.
    Oh yes I dont tend to work bank holidays so will have those off which is a nice 4 day break :-)

12. Likes Maza liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Just the bank holidays for me.

14. Likes Maza liked this post