Summer Activities
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Summer Activities

What summer activities do you enjoy with your mindees? What books, outings and things do they, and you, like to do? Looking for ideas!

Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Well .... in summers gone by, we have spent days and days at the beach, in the woods building dens and making mud pies, grubbing around in streams and ponds sometimes pond dipping, sometimes just getting wet!, feeding the ducks, playing with sticks and going for walks and exploring - making and following maps.
    We also visit varied parks and playgrounds, farms, the zoo, the aquarium, castles and Abbeys ...
    At home we do lots of craft and junk modelling, singing, dancing and story telling. And baking/ice lolly making!
    We also meet up with friends and their children.

Not sure we have any particular favourite books about summer but 'the pig in the pond' and 'rattletrap car' are good starting points for summer activities. 'Skip through the seasons' can be used to introduce any month/season.

However ... we actually do all of these, all year round!

This summer ... who knows?! I'm planning on starting to go out and about more, maybe looking for less busy places!

3. Likes SYLVIA liked this post
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I was talking to a parent yesterday saying Im not sure how my summer hols will work this year as I too want to avoid busy places. We do go to local woods and country parks but the places I go to a bit further out can be busy. So it could be more shorter days out and more garden play. I don't think I have many coming back for the summer hols so hopefully that will make it a little easier. Just hope the weather holds good so we can be outside mostly. I do try to have a craft activity on a weekly basis, cinema days, with snacks. We have themed story and treasure hunt games, the little ones really like this. I have lots of sports equipment that I collected through the Sainsburys active kids scheme and we have sports days and obstacles courses. 6 weeks seem to pass quick enough and I enjoy having the kids home rather than school runs and constant clock watching

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    FREE summer activities for children from Childcare.co.uk here - Free Summer Activity Planning for Registered Childminders - Childcare.co.uk
    Wow thanks Sarah! :-)