Likes Likes:  11
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I've had the call!

I had the call this morning as I am due an inspection!

I was actually about to call them to notify them of my change in address.

The lady was lovely and said that as soon as I am minding again I need to let them know and they will arrange an inspection. She understood that I wouldn't be minding probably until the new year (as there is a lot to do here to get it ready for childminding). She knows that I haven't minded for three years but said that they will give me until May 2020.

Kind of exciting!

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Lol! All at once!

That's good that they've given you an extension.

XXX

4. Likes Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

DH and I were laughing because if you remember he was also called up for jury service this week (managed to postpone)!

6. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Anything else that could happen this week???

8. Likes Maza liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Fate likes its little laughs at times.

Glad they postponed it for you Maza
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

10. Likes Maza, loocyloo liked this post
    may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations on your house move and good luck with your inspection in the new year. I have kept my Registration active, just in case, I return to Childminding when we return from travelling.

12. Likes Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It's definitely worth keeping your registration going as you just never know. It's always good to keep your options open.

Where are you thinking of going travelling? I remember your wonderful holiday to Canada a few years back when you saw bears. That's definitely on my wish list.

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I had the call a couple of weeks ago now. Inspector was lovely, but told me on the phone that I wouldn't keep my outstanding as the new frame work hadn't been in place long enough for us to have everything in place. So I said I won't bother to panic then.
    It went well and I got good. Was told I don't do enough next steps in my observation but I said not everything has a next step and the folders were for parents to see the moments that they miss not being with their child, and she also said I'd missed maths opportunities with the 1yr and 2yr old I had at the time. She suggested I should of got them to get up and see who was the tallest when we we looking at the giraffe in the dear zoo story. Those were the recommendations too

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations Sylvia! It seems a bit unfair of her to say that before she had even met you.

At least you can relax now for a while. x

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Well done Sylvia.

That seems very unfair to be told you can't get outstanding because the inspection process was new! I know you are happy with your good, but I do hope you've told someone in yor LA about the inspectors comments.
    I was at some training recently and WHAT we do hasn't changed, just the way it is inspected!

17. Likes Kiddleywinks liked this post
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I got the impression that you have to be able to tell her exactly where a child is within the 7 areas and explain what their next steps will be. I suppose it’s cutting down on the paper work they are concentrating on. By the time inspection comes round again I’ll hopefully be before and after school only or retired🤞🏻🤞🏻She said a lot of positive things about my setting, the training I do and about the observations I have in the folders. To be honest I’m just happy it’s out of the way for a few years because no doubt it will have changed again and “culture capital” will be a distant memory next time they appear on the doorstep

19. Likes Maza liked this post
    may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    It's definitely worth keeping your registration going as you just never know. It's always good to keep your options open.

Where are you thinking of going travelling? I remember your wonderful holiday to Canada a few years back when you saw bears. That's definitely on my wish list.
    Planning on travelling Europe for almost a year. Leave on 10 Jan for France, travelling down through to Spain (poss Morocco), then Portugal. I will fly back in March when our,4th grandchild arrives. Back up through France to explore in better weather May / June. Back home end June for a wedding, Glastonbury, my dads 80th, to catch up with family and to get van MOTed. Then across to Holland, Scandinavia, then down to Germany, Croatia, Italy, Greece and other countries along the way.
    Just had my call from Ofsted wanting to do my inspection before I go, can either do with no children on roll and get Met or Unmet or resign. I told her I currently have nanny liability insurance and not childminding, she is going to let me know f that would be automatic "not met" or if they will accept as I'm not currently minding.

21. Likes Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow Hh, you really are travelling!!!!

Can't believe you had the call too! Really hope they don't give you 'not met'.

Let us know what they decide, and please keep us updated on your travels when you can. x

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Wow Hh, you really are travelling!!!!

Can't believe you had the call too! Really hope they don't give you 'not met'.

Let us know what they decide, and please keep us updated on your travels when you can. x
    Have reluctantly decided to resign my registration after all - at least that way I go out with my Outstanding Grade. A friend had her inspection on Monday, she had Outstanding last time, this time got 2 out of 3 areas Outstanding and 1 Good, so was awarded Good - the inspector was out in her car for 40 mins on phone to Ofsted trying to justify that my friend kept her Outstanding Grade, but the powers that be decided that Good was "Good enough" with the new framework.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

That's a shame for your friend. Even though we know, and our families know, that grades are not the be all and end all, it does just seem so unfair at times.

Please keep in touch on here. It would be lovely to hear about your travels and grandbaby news! x

25. Likes hectors house liked this post