Are you busier in the holidays or do you have term time only children, so less busy?

Are you managing to have fun or are you being run ragged? Have you tried any new activities?

I'm loving the holidays so far. Obviously I'm not minding at the moment. You may remember that I had a visit from a family with a lovely little girl and I was considering taking her on in order to keep my registration open. Sadly we couldn't match up their needs with the days I was able to offer, so that didn't happen. I've had another enquiry from a mum who wants two days - she's freelance and so flexible on which days. I haven't responded yet - I would have been seriously tempted but in September my role at school has changed and I have to be a class teacher again, rather than providing regular cover for other teachers, so basically it will be a lot more work. I haven't been in charge of a class (albeit only three days a week this time round) for over ten years, and so I am quite nervous. So, I am hesitant about doing child minding for the two days when I am not at school. I'll think about it over night. If my registration is cancelled then so be it. I will just renew it once I move house, as inconvenient/costly as that will be.

Anyway, because I am class based next year I have been in school for three days this holiday. I took DD, and she honestly had the best three days! She stapled my borders to the walls, laminated lots of resources and used the paper cutter lots, stuck name labels on books etc. She felt so grown up! Three free days out, and she was actually old enough to be a help. Win win!

Hector's house have you stopped minding yet?