As you know I have been taking a break from childminding. My three years that I am allowed is almost up and so I have had a lot of thinking to do recently. I have been missing childminding more and more and get a bit jealous when I read all your posts about the lovely things, and the every day things, that you are doing with your mindees.

Had two mums contact me today, desperate for childcare as their childminder sadly has had to give notice for personal reasons. I can only offer limited availability due to me teaching part time, but I am happy to do short term and ad hoc contracts to tide them over while they look for something more suited to their needs. I am meeting one of them on Friday. I'm so nervous!

One of the main reasons for me giving up was our grumpy downstairs neighbours. DH and I both think we can manage it, as it will potentially only be short term, and the Summer weather means we will spend more time outdoors. AND, we need to be a bit selfish as we need this financially and as a means of keeping my registration open so that I can go for it big style once we eventually move into a house.

Oh gosh, I'm excited and nervous. Also nervous about the amount of housework I have to do before Friday.

Ziggy, have you started back yet?