Likes Likes:  9
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Pushchairs - handles or bars?

When it comes to double pushchairs - do you prefer handles or a bar?

My single has a bar and I love it, but think I'm going to have to start using my double soon and it has handles (Maclaren). Is it possible to push a double with handles using just one hand so that I can hold another toddler's hand?

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I find a single with handles OK to push one handed, but my double McClaren is a heavy beast, and almost impossible to push one handed.
    I have 'magic straps which is attached to the handle, for the child to hold the end of ( they are lengths of someoneing, like a dog lead, with a handle for child to hold ) If I need a child on reins as well, then I can usually manage to hold reins whilst I push handles and they hold the magic strap. Having the strap means the child can walk a little further 'out' and doesn't get caught on the wheels or under my feet!

I much prefer my 3 wheelers with their bar! But I use magic straps on every buggy!

3. Likes Maza, Dragonfly liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I much prefer a bar on a double.

I've currently got a Joie Aire Twin and it's really easy to push one handed. I don't need to use a double very often so couldn't justify the cost of an expensive one. This one is perfect for the places I use it (mainly in built up areas), but I don't know how well it would stand up to off-road pushing.

5. Likes Pixie dust, Maza, Dragonfly liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    I much prefer a bar on a double.

I've currently got a Joie Aire Twin and it's really easy to push one handed. I don't need to use a double very often so couldn't justify the cost of an expensive one. This one is perfect for the places I use it (mainly in built up areas), but I don't know how well it would stand up to off-road pushing.
    I have this one too and I haven't used it for a while but it will be back out in September when my new babies start.
    Pixie Dust

7. Likes Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oooh, the aire twin looks interesting. Do you have the side by side or tandem? We have some very narrow pavements around here and I am a bit unsure if my side by side will be appropriate.

Pixie dust I'm looking forward to your babies starting.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Oooh, the aire twin looks interesting. Do you have the side by side or tandem? We have some very narrow pavements around here and I am a bit unsure if my side by side will be appropriate.

Pixie dust I'm looking forward to your babies starting.
    I'm not I think I am going to be exhausted, I have 3/4 year olds at the moment!
    Pixie Dust

10. Likes Maza, loocyloo, Dragonfly liked this post