Hi All,

just wanted to have a little rant really. I received an enquiry from a lady looking for full time care. I agreed it would be good to meet and arranged to do so one evening at 6.30! so low and behold I receive a call an hour before the meeting to say unfortunately she cant make it as hubby has lost his keys and locked out of house. So she asked if we could meet the following night Friday instead. I said I actually was booked to help at school disco that night, but I could see what I could do. I managed to get out of helping at the disco so called her back and said OK we can meet at 6.30pm again.

So meeting goes really well in my opinion, mum says she is very keen, I felt it went well, and that this could work, I said I would be happy to offer her the space, as I feel we could work very well together. she was very keen and said it would be nice for hubby to come over, and she would be in contact by Monday to let me know. So Monday comes and goes and I hear nothing, so I was a little peeved, so Tuesday morning I sent a polite message saying

" sorry to bother you, but I hadn't heard anything yesterday, and I wondered if you had come to a decision about your childcare, I don't want to rush you but I have another family who wish to meet me if you decide against taking my space, if you could let me have an update that would be lovely. "

So its now Wednesday and absolutely zero response, this has really made me feel angry, not only did I spend time to meet this person at quite an unsociable hour, but I also cancelled helping at a school disco to do it after she cancelled the first time! then my message gets completely ignored.
is it not common courtesy that if you tell someone you will get back to them then you do, and you certainly reply to their message, since when did people become so rude!

would any of you feel the same? I am dreading doing more meetings to fill my space if this is how you get treated!

Sorry folks rant over, just needed to vent to others x