It has been bucketing it down ALL day here. I don't mind being out in the rain, in fact I like it in the right context. Some of my most endearing memories are getting DD booted and suited to take her out puddle splashing, but now as an 8 yr old she is not at all keen. I have no little mindees to take outside and no outdoor chores to do, so it looks like we are staying inside for the whole day.

We've done lots of crafts, played and got lots of odd jobs done and it's been quite cosy. We cancelled an outdoor playdate and I couldn't face rescheduling it for our home instead as DD's best friend is sooo lively and jumpy and I always need to get them outside when she comes around, bless her. Felt guilty though as last week it also rained and so they had a playdate at her house instead.

Thank goodness we were out all of yesterday. We went to HMS Belfast and spent the morning by the river - it was a great trip.

I usually get cabin fever if I don't get out, but today I don't seem to mind (yet). Do you ever just stay indoors?