Hello everyone been a long time since I posted but hope someone can help. I wasn't sure where to post this really.
My Granddaughter who was 3 the end of may has a few developmental delays and was wondering if anyone who had experienced the same as hers could help.
She is lacking in social skills and does not like to play with anyone although she will now play with her key worker at pre-school a little more, if anyone goes to play with her (family included) she just looks at them, smiles and says bye and goes off somewhere else. Consequently she also has speech delays. She can understand questions and will follow instructions but she will not/cannot hold a conversation with anyone. She will only say a handful of words on her own but will copy things that you ask her to say. She knows all of her colours and will tell you what they are (without being asked). If you sing certain songs to her she listens and puts in the missing words (if that makes sense). She has seen a speech therapist twice and is under a paediatrician (although not been properly assessed by her yet).
Sorry for the long post, but if anyone can shed any light onto activities I can try to do with her, without upsetting her then please help a very worried Nana.
I have googled lots of things and looked at ICAN and we are looking into More Than Words but there is so much to read that it is very confusing.
Thank you for reading this.
Teacake2