Coc rules
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Coc rules

Post Thanks / Like

Default Coc rules

Hi,

I have a self employed mum due a baby in July, saddly she can only afford to take 8 weeks off. I know i can take the baby on under coc.

How does this work? I currently have little one 2 full days a week i am happy to drop down to one day a week during her maternity leave if she wants too and keep space for her. But what happens if she wants to keep him at home and not pay for space as she cant afford it, can i still have them back and take baby on if he is not in for those weeks?

I think money is an issue so would like to help out where i can as i would rather be out of pocket a few weeks knowing i will then have them back instead of waiting possibly months to fill the space. But i would not be able to have both if she ends contract and then starts again in 8 weeks as i would only have 1 space available.

TIA

Registered Childminder since
    Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KateA View Post
    Hi,

I have a self employed mum due a baby in July, saddly she can only afford to take 8 weeks off. I know i can take the baby on under coc.

How does this work? I currently have little one 2 full days a week i am happy to drop down to one day a week during her maternity leave if she wants too and keep space for her. But what happens if she wants to keep him at home and not pay for space as she cant afford it, can i still have them back and take baby on if he is not in for those weeks?

I think money is an issue so would like to help out where i can as i would rather be out of pocket a few weeks knowing i will then have them back instead of waiting possibly months to fill the space. But i would not be able to have both if she ends contract and then starts again in 8 weeks as i would only have 1 space available.

TIA
    I think you would be OK, especially if you don't take anyone else on in the meantime. I would probably want to charge half fees at least. Chances are, mum would rather stay with you and she shouldn't really expect you to take a hit for two months.

Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The point of continuity of care is that a child is with you and settled and it would be unsettling for them to move...

If a child isn't with you for a few months an inspector might say they could just as easily go elsewhere - so I suggest the child keeps coming, even if only for a short time each week to keep the continuity going.

I hope all goes well

Post Thanks / Like

Great thank you so much xx