"Invitation to play" trays
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  13
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default "Invitation to play" trays

I see a lot of "invitation to play" trays where bits and bobs are placed in different compartments of a circular tray to add to say, playdough. Does anyone use on of these and where do you get yours from or what do you use for this kind of thing? I would like to get one......

Registered Childminder since
    sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Like these? Assorted Snack Dish Porcelain Ceramic Serving Tray Dip Bowl Appetizer Condiment | eBay
    Ive got a few , they are often on sale in home bargains or similar shops as snack trays , plastic ones are quite cheap. Ive also got a couple of wooden ones picked up in charity shops.

3. Likes mumofone, Maza liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mama2three View Post
    Like these? Assorted Snack Dish Porcelain Ceramic Serving Tray Dip Bowl Appetizer Condiment | eBay
    Ive got a few , they are often on sale in home bargains or similar shops as snack trays , plastic ones are quite cheap. Ive also got a couple of wooden ones picked up in charity shops.
    Thanks mama2three, yep the top right one is the kind of thing im looking for, im after a transparent one though..

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm......... assorted small bits and bobs with some play-doh stuck in the middle.

Have you seen my front room carpet?

6. Likes moggy, mumofone, FloraDora, Maza, Dragonfly liked this post
    sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

These would be good then , and a lid to keep it together! Clear Plastic 8 Section Octagon Shaped Snacks Tray + Lid FREE 1ST CLASS POST!!! | eBay

8. Likes mumofone liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mama2three View Post
    These would be good then , and a lid to keep it together! Clear Plastic 8 Section Octagon Shaped Snacks Tray + Lid FREE 1ST CLASS POST!!! | eBay
    Thanks mama2three, yep this could do the job, thank you :-)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bunyip View Post
    Hmmm......... assorted small bits and bobs with some play-doh stuck in the middle.

Have you seen my front room carpet?
    Haha lol!! :-)

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I used to use 'Roylco' see through sorting trays at school, come in a variety of designs for different layouts. I have one that I found at a carboot, obviously old but still in great condition- great source of trays I find- especially dip trays as these seemed to have gone out of fashion again now so people are getting rid of them. I picked up a lovely wooden one the other day with two middle sections and a turntable underneath.

I use wooden and white plastic trays from catering companies - a bit bigger than A4 and A3 size. These neutral colours make what you put on them stand out, but I sometimes line the tray with an attractive suitable backing.
    I then use pots/ small baskets/ small dishes/ trays to store smaller items on the trays.
    I line the tray sometimes with safety mirrors that I got cut to size of tray and that adds a great surface to entice the LO's to play.
    I find if you vary the presentation by different trays etc it makes the children more interested to play. However I have a LO who always is attracted to the invitation to play if it has on it some tiny white dishes I got from IKEA, so observing when and how they use it helps when planning for setting up and more purchases.
    I tend to set up half a dozen invitations to play then use them for a couple of weeks.

12. Likes Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I got a transparent one from Sainsbury's in the party section. I haven't seen them in our smaller Sainsbury's though - only a very big store. This time of year you should be able to find something.

I'm a bit addicted to this type of thing - hubby rolls his eyes often. I've also had a few melamine ones from TK Max which can be quite cheap. Charity shops are brill for wooden or 'vintage' type of containers/trays/jugs/spoons etc. Sometimes when I see these activities on Pinterest I see lots of stuff we had as kids, or that our grandparents/great aunts would have used which we chucked out as junk.

14. Likes FloraDora liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I've got a big selection of bowls, trays, spoons etc that I've picked up from carboot sales and charity shops. No one seems to want to buy wooden stuff (well, apart from me!) so it's usually pretty cheap!

16. Likes FloraDora liked this post
    May 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FloraDora View Post
    I used to use 'Roylco' see through sorting trays at school, come in a variety of designs for different layouts. I have one that I found at a carboot, obviously old but still in great condition- great source of trays I find- especially dip trays as these seemed to have gone out of fashion again now so people are getting rid of them. I picked up a lovely wooden one the other day with two middle sections and a turntable underneath.

I use wooden and white plastic trays from catering companies - a bit bigger than A4 and A3 size. These neutral colours make what you put on them stand out, but I sometimes line the tray with an attractive suitable backing.
    I then use pots/ small baskets/ small dishes/ trays to store smaller items on the trays.
    I line the tray sometimes with safety mirrors that I got cut to size of tray and that adds a great surface to entice the LO's to play.
    I find if you vary the presentation by different trays etc it makes the children more interested to play. However I have a LO who always is attracted to the invitation to play if it has on it some tiny white dishes I got from IKEA, so observing when and how they use it helps when planning for setting up and more purchases.
    I tend to set up half a dozen invitations to play then use them for a couple of weeks.
    Every time I read about the things you do Floradora, it makes me want to come and play at your house!

18. Likes mama2three liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Mumofone I thought of you the other day when I saw the transparent round compartmentalised trays in big Tesco. Again it was in the party section with all the paper plates and stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Mumofone I thought of you the other day when I saw the transparent round compartmentalised trays in big Tesco. Again it was in the party section with all the paper plates and stuff.
    Aw thanks Maza, I never did get one, but at least now I know where to look when I eventually get around to it....thank you :-)

21. Likes Maza liked this post