Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Monday again!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Monday again!

What's everyone's plans for the week?

Yesterday I made cloud dough with lavender so I'm hoping for some chilled out children after they've been playing with that!

For outside I'm excited to see what the children make of the community playthings hollow blocks I collected on Friday. A local pre-school were selling them off so I jumped at the chance of getting them. I think the children I look after are too young to really do much with them yet, but they can sit on them and climb on them at least.

2. Likes FloraDora liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    July 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh wow you are so lucky! I would have jumped at the chance too!

We have a space theme going on which started with an interest in rockets from a couple of little ones around bonfire night. So am expanding that at the moment. Today we have used glitter paint to paint on black paper to make lots of twinkly stars and silver paint to paint on a star shape. I've got 3 X1 year olds today so they all know twinkle twinkle and are just getting used to holding a paintbrush so just a nice simple activity and we sung our way through it!

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post

Yesterday I made cloud dough with lavender so I'm hoping for some chilled out children after they've been playing with that!

For outside I'm excited to see what the children make of the community playthings hollow blocks I collected on Friday. A local pre-school were selling them off so I jumped at the chance of getting them. I think the children I look after are too young to really do much with them yet, but they can sit on them and climb on them at least.
    Oooo that sounds great.

I have no plans! One child away all week which totally alters the dynamics and gives me the opportunity to get out a bit further afield as less time constraints. Need to check weather. That's my job for later on, as I don't work today!

We'll probably be making soup at some point though.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow Mouse I would love some community playthings. Lucky you and lucky children!

I'm working in two reception classes this week and we are rehearsing for the Nativity and doing 3D shapes. They use 2Simple for their learning journeys and so I am enjoying the chance to explore that at someone else's cost.

On Wednesday it is DD's assembly and on Thursday I am going for blood tests for my general health check which I was invited along to when I reached 40. Three years later and I have just got round to making the appointment.

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Well my Monday has turned out rather expensive!! Took car in for service and MOT and asked them to check engine over as it has been giving off a hot smell. It's a Zafira and has had the Heater recalls done but wanted another eye cast over it before taking back to Vauxhall. Turns out to have an oil leak and altogether is going to cost nearly £800 !!!! I've spent the morning in a brilliant soft play centre with my grandson and Dd1 which did put a smile back on my face

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I woke up this morning after a lovely weekend feeling tired. Not at all like me so I may be coming down with something. I decided to crank up the heating ( which cost me £3.86p so far today! We have a new smart meter) and set about sofa shopping. Most Christmas gifts sourced and ordered, this is the shopping trip I like. Coffee/ tea/ hot chocolate with a little bit of brandy and cadbury's miss shapes ( bought from Lowry outlet yesterday when we visited son) whilst I browsed on the sofa. A lovely morning. I don't work on Mondays ( only 2.5 days now)
    A brisk walk around the local RSPB lakes, a few photos taken and feeling great - so chocolate and milky brandy drinking works!

Bought a new TV this afternoon from John Lewis - our first big tv, it has every 'latest' -DH's Chritmas gift, researched by sons but reading about it myself has made me smile as we watch about 4 hours a week plus weekend rugby/ football/ cricket - The hourly cost for us is huge. But the boys are looking forward to their Christmas visit now.
    DH is so good and has decided to wait for the weekend soon when both boys are home to set it up....exciting anticipation though.

Whilst in JL I saw some Christmas decorations that I am going to adapt for Christmas cards - a stick with several bows of different sizes in a variety of green ribbons as branches . Bought the green ribbons which will double up for decorating pressies and my one 3/nearly 4 LO who loves tying knots can make similar and enhance with collage bits.

I am more excited about this than the new singing and dancing Sony TV really.
    Last edited by FloraDora; 14-11-2016 at 08:57 PM.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post

It's been the second rehearsal for dds dance show. After 7 hours there yesterday and 3 tonight I'm going to crawl into bed. Roll on Sunday when it's all over
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door