Hiya,

Have a 3 year old once every two weeks. He's not long started. Everything's great but today his mum messaged me a few hours after he got home asking if he had fell today as he has a bruise on his arm. I didn't notice any falls or anything significant to warrant answering yes. I mean he's a normal 3 year old. Doesn't always look where he's going and his arm may have knocked into something but I wasn't aware.

Anyway I told her this and she was fine and said it's ok but said his dad can be funny (they aren't together)

It's made me nervous about having him. All this conversation was on a message so I have it all recorded.

What I wanted to ask is do you check your LOs when they arrive? It's cold here now and he had a jumper on and I didn't make him take it off to check him. Plus it's not like I can ask a 3 year old to strip to his pants so I can check for marks before our day starts.

I just wondered what everyone does and what your reply would be to a parent if you didn't witness anything that would say he bruised in my care.

Thank you!