Anyone using apps for android to make life easier 2build a profile, ******** etc
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    JUN 16
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone using apps for android to make life easier 2build a profile, ******** etc

Good Afternoon,

Not long started and I am attempting to get all my handwritten observations into a LJ and link them to EYFS. Along with all the other paperwork I am feeling a little deflated!

Is anyone using any of apps or online software to make their life easier? I really dont think ******** is in my budget but it looks great apart from the customer service reviews.

Ive been looking at 2build a profile from 2simple but i cant see alot of the actual software on the website so ive signed up for a trial and I am awaiting that to start. Downloaded the app and it looks to do the job with observations but from what I can see it doesnt do any daily diaries. Anyone using any software for daily diaries?

So in short I was to try and reduce paperwork on observations and daily diaries.

Thanks in advance!!!!!

JUN 16
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mathremuk View Post
    Good Afternoon,

Not long started and I am attempting to get all my handwritten observations into a LJ and link them to EYFS. Along with all the other paperwork I am feeling a little deflated!

Is anyone using any of apps or online software to make their life easier? I really dont think ******** is in my budget but it looks great apart from the customer service reviews.

Ive been looking at 2build a profile from 2simple but i cant see alot of the actual software on the website so ive signed up for a trial and I am awaiting that to start. Downloaded the app and it looks to do the job with observations but from what I can see it doesnt do any daily diaries. Anyone using any software for daily diaries?

So in short I was to try and reduce paperwork on observations and daily diaries.

Thanks in advance!!!!!
    not sure why bbdys has starred out on my post?!?

July 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

The starred out one is a whole online system so whilst may seem more expensive it does an awful lot more for your money. I would work out exactly what you want to use it for first. If you just want to record obs something like tapestry is good but if you want all then b is great.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I use 2 simple.
    It is just observations but that's all I want. I can take photos with my phone or tablet and then write notes/add areas etc, I can then email them to parents or other settings and they can reply. They can now add their own photos or notes. It is easy to look to see what areas/age/stage each child has covered.
    I think you can do a general assessment for each child and look at that, but I don't use that aspect. (Mainly because I am not technical in any way and it is quicker for me to do a brief summary by hand!)
    I find customer support excellent whether by email or by phone!

I do daily diaries by hand as they are personal to the child, and I find it quicker to do a quick scribble and send it home with child than type on pc and then have to send it to parents. I know some people have a template they created themselves that they fill in online and send to parents or someone has it on a 'locked'? page on Facebook (don't use that either!)
    Last edited by loocyloo; 02-10-2016 at 03:16 PM.

Feb 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mathremuk View Post
    Good Afternoon,

Thanks in advance!!!!!
    I am also thinking about switching to online journals. I was wondering if anyone uses or has looked at Kinderly?

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

There's a Facebook page for online journals loads of advice on their and lots of different systems too