Why do some parents just assume that being registered means you must take their kids and if you do not, they feel the need to lie and tell as many people as possible stories about how you work, being full when you are not, nitpick about who you have etc?

We have close links with the local primary offering before/after school. But now it appears the office is not handing out our number, or somebody has gone in and said we are full.

We feel this has arisen because we have said no to a couple things:

1. Picking up a child from their house and taking to school and quibbling our fees. Are we wrong? Would anybody here do it?

2. A parent who knows about us, refuses to engage with us. But even then she only wants 10minutes here or there as and when, no contract.

Add into that we have had blatant un-registered childcare going on and you still get moaning about registered minders. I feel this is gossip and it is getting out of control.

If we could do it, I would say to my partner scrap the school runs and not bother. I think another minder may have already scrapped the school because of how parents are acting. The school is not at fault, it is the small group of very fussy parents who want the world and want to pay nothing for it.

It is making my partner feel like rubbish at the moment