Likes Likes:  21
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post

No, she really did think childminding was like babysitting and I just did it as a little hobby! She was surprised I didn't have a 'proper' job and actually said "oh, you don't work then?" She did admit sometime later that she'd had no idea what was involved in childminding. She wrote me a lovely reference for my Ofsted inspection and said that all I'd done for them was way above what they'd ever expected
    Strangely one of my new mums asked rather incredibly is this all you do look after children.
    She must have seen my face as she went on to say she couldn't do it.
    Another mum at football tells people I'm a saint for running a nursery at home. Then when she picked dd up she was very surprised at I had a normal house.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

2. Likes Maza liked this post
    July 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh yes I suppose I've had comments like that but I think they usually mean a work place away from your home rather than presuming I don't actually work. Some people are just thoughtless, whereas it sounds like others have actually thought about it and questioned with that in mind.

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Had a child poo herself and poo fell out the side of leg of her pants once during an parent interview, luckily the parent visiting said she had an older daughter and the same thing had happened to them once at a garden centre, she said she just picked it up in a tissue, shoved it in her pocket and hope no one had noticed.

Once when showing the house to potential buyers my daughter came upstairs and whispered in my ear that our elderly dog had done a wee on lounge carpet, I asked them to excuse me and I went downstairs and quickly jumped up and down on a mountain of kitchen roll for a couple of minutes until they arrived back downstairs - luckily the wet patch didn't show and they put in offer for full asking price, there and then.

5. Likes Maza liked this post
    July 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Put it in her pocket?! Oh my word! That has got me creased up! Hahahahaha

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12