Quote Originally Posted by Kiddleywinks View Post
Firstly, CONGRATULATIONS Secondly, well done on your achievements with other settings so far I feel very fortunate with the other settings (preschools mostly) I have come across in my area that they are proactive with me when one of my LO's are with them. It wasn't always that way, and speaking to other minders, they're not the same with everyone although we can't figure out why that is... I've recently done a transition report for a 3 yr old going to preschool and their new keyworker was so appreciative about it! Said they felt they 'knew' the child without having to struggle to figure out their foibles over the next few weeks, which in turn makes it easier for her to settle them in. They already save me a newsletter so that I can extend learning here, any wow moments we'll print off an additional copy for the other, and we have verbal handovers daily, so already I feel both our input is valued, which is how it SHOULD be. Such a shame other settings sometimes come across that they are the only setting that matters...
Yes I've found the same. The preschools that work well with me, don't with other minders I know, but I think it is due to those minders not actually requesting anything or doing anything with basic information they are given either, so both parties are happy just ticking a box to information share. I am hoping to go to play for a morning with mindees at one of the preschools that another mindee goes to. I'm so excited lol!