Why bother with toys?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink Why bother with toys?

I bought a lovely box of wooden building blocks and got them out this afternoon for the 12 month old to play with. I sat on the floor with him, emptied the blocks out and put the box on the table.
    He shouted at me to give him the box, then sat for ages putting a car in the box and taking it back out again!

I sat by myself building some lovely towers

2. Likes FloraDora liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a mindee who would do that all day too at one point. It's a lovely phase.

Today I went to a big park with a lovely playground. DD and her friend (and lots of other families) didn't venture there once - they spent all afternoon climbing the trees near the playground. We have lots of trees where we live but they're not all good climbing trees - when you do find a good climbing tree (or several close together as we did today) they are worth their weight in gold aren't they?!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post

Today I went to a big park with a lovely playground. DD and her friend (and lots of other families) didn't venture there once - they spent all afternoon climbing the trees near the playground. We have lots of trees where we live but they're not all good climbing trees - when you do find a good climbing tree (or several close together as we did today) they are worth their weight in gold aren't they?!
    Definitely! I can still remember climbing trees so high that I terrified myself, but still went higher! We've got one good tree at the bottom of our garden and the children love it

5. Likes Maza liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post

We go to a local. Petting farm regularly, but spend loads of time in the car park climbing trees

7. Likes Maza liked this post