Post Thanks / Like

Haha thank goodness it's sooner rather than later!!! Xx

2. Likes Kiddleywinks liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    Jan 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I ask the parents to wait with their children in the living room until I'm ready to work. Its happened with a parent who asked for an early start I said no and they pushed it by arriving 15 mins early. She didn't do it again!

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I am usually ready by 6.30 and then go for a walk, chat to DH, do a job until the first LO arrives, usually at 8. This does mean that parents know I am ready to go on child's arrival...which also means I am ready much earlier. This comes in handy when on occasions a child comes earlier if parents have an earlier meeting, on a course a distance etc...
    One parent has taken advantage of this on more than one occasion so if they came early, to show that I was technically not open yet I would be upstairs bringing a few items down, in the garden filling water trays.....so not there to greet, chat, help with shoes coats etc... As busy setting up still. I didn't like it though as ultimately it is the child that routine has changed for and they are the most important. But it does work, the parent visually sees you are not quite ready to accept them...the message is subtly there....well it did for me.

5. Likes bunyip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I also hate it when a child is late, it means the day is "on hold" until they arrive. I don't want to change any nappies in that time incase the door suddenly goes, I find it really frustrating!

7. Likes Maza liked this post
    Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by **Orchard CM** View Post
    Chris - would you refuse to let them in??!! A childminder I know will do this but I wouldn't be so brave!!! Xxxxxx
    I think the thing you need to change is having 'Opening Hours' You are not a Nursery and I have never had them.

I have a Contract with parents and they have their Contracted hours written in their Contract an if they want anything else they ask and wait for a reply they can never assume. They can never say 'but I know xxx is with you so it doesn't matter'. Their hours are their hours and no one else's hours are anything to do with them.

I would have been furious and I would have told the Nanny to go home and come back at 8am. Not your problem that she has to be at work it is her problem that her child didn't make it clear what your hours were or failed to ask you if an early drop off was ok.

Double Fee for the hour to be paid in cash at drop off tomorrow morning with a big bunch of flowers if they have anything about them!

9. Likes Maza liked this post
    Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fluff1975 View Post
    I ask the parents to wait with their children in the living room until I'm ready to work. Its happened with a parent who asked for an early start I said no and they pushed it by arriving 15 mins early. She didn't do it again!
    You are kind mine would be waiting on the doorstep.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by **Orchard CM** View Post
    Thankyou winks, this is why I turn to this forum as it gives so many different ways of looking at things.

From what it sounds like mum had said to the nanny to drop off at 7. I didn't know the nanny was even dropping him off to be fair!!

And no I would not be happy if someone turned up an hour before opening!!

Next time do you think I should txt mum? Saying I know XXX is outside but I'm not contracted to work until 8. If she was to pre arrange it then fine but she hasn't??!!!

This is a new parent and quite honestly every week she's tried to push the boundaries.. Not paying for hours contracted, not paying when she should, holidays etc

Complete ball ache tbh!!!

Xxxxxxx

Sounds like you need a Contract review meeting to me. Maybe she needs to change her hours a bit? Also needs to be reminded about payment and late payment fees.

Needs sorting asap before it gets out of hand. You set the rules. Be kind but very firm.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rickysmiths View Post
    I think the thing you need to change is having 'Opening Hours' You are not a Nursery and I have never had them.

I have a Contract with parents and they have their Contracted hours written in their Contract an if they want anything else they ask and wait for a reply they can never assume. They can never say 'but I know xxx is with you so it doesn't matter'. Their hours are their hours and no one else's hours are anything to do with them.
    I agree completely. I have a parent contracted for an 8am start. Another arrives at 7.30am. The 8am mum started arriving early, obviously thinking it was OK because the other child was already there. I spoke to her about it and offered a change of contracted hours, but she didn't want that, so now she sits outside in the car from about 7.45 and doesn't come to the door until 8. Often the 7.30 starter is late so they walk past the other mum & child still sitting in their car

13. Likes rickysmiths, Maza liked this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12