Quote Originally Posted by **Orchard CM** View Post
Thankyou winks, this is why I turn to this forum as it gives so many different ways of looking at things.

From what it sounds like mum had said to the nanny to drop off at 7. I didn't know the nanny was even dropping him off to be fair!!

And no I would not be happy if someone turned up an hour before opening!!

Next time do you think I should txt mum? Saying I know XXX is outside but I'm not contracted to work until 8. If she was to pre arrange it then fine but she hasn't??!!!

This is a new parent and quite honestly every week she's tried to push the boundaries.. Not paying for hours contracted, not paying when she should, holidays etc

Complete ball ache tbh!!!

Xxxxxxx

By saying 'next time' it sounds to me like you have it in your mind that there probably will be a 'next time'. The first step is to tell yourself that there will not be a next time.

Leaving someone on your doorstep is not really the answer - proper communication is called for. Realistically, what do you think would happen if you tried to leave them on your doorstep? They would start to knock louder, maybe start to call through the letterbox, maybe try to walk round the or come to knock on a window. My neighbours would rightly start to get very cross, especially at that time in the morning. You would also be stressed inside listening to it all.

If the nanny has to be at work early then this problem is not going to go away - she can't be late for work. Therefore the current set up is just not going to work and the parents need to be told that. You don't have to be confrontational about it, just honest. Don't wait for 'next time' to deal with it. Speak to the parents at collection - but please don't just mention it, speak to them properly and get an answer - are they able to drop off at 8 in future or do they want to change the contracted hours?

Sorry you are having to deal with this. Put your health first. Let us know how you get on. x