Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Advertisement

Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Advertisement

Hi all
    Was just wondering how you started off advertising yourself.
    I've been Ofsted registered since last December but when i found out i was pregnant families just didn't want to know which i can understand .

My question is once i've had my baby i'm hoping to start the business rolling by November and i was wondering how you have advertised . I have business cards and i have a Facebook page as well as being on childcare.co.uk and ********* . just wondering what others have done to help .

I'm undecided whether to do flyers or not .

Thank You
    Any advice would be great thank you

Feb 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by megg21 View Post
    Hi all
    Was just wondering how you started off advertising yourself.
    I've been Ofsted registered since last December but when i found out i was pregnant families just didn't want to know which i can understand .

My question is once i've had my baby i'm hoping to start the business rolling by November and i was wondering how you have advertised . I have business cards and i have a Facebook page as well as being on childcare.co.uk and ********* . just wondering what others have done to help .

I'm undecided whether to do flyers or not .

Thank You
    Any advice would be great thank you
    As well as the things you've mentioned, I got myself out to toddler groups with my kids and mentioned it to people I talked to. I got a couple of enquiries that way. Also I advertised on my local authority childcare finder website.

Good luck!

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Local parenting facebook pages, local childcare facebook pages. Childcare.co.uk is really all I have every needed.

Feb 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Make sure to introduce yourself to other childminders in the area and get to know them a little. If I'm full I pass other minders details onto parents who are enquiring x

Dec 02
    Post Thanks / Like

Flyers could be very expensive, plus I always put all flyers straight in the recycling without looking at them. How many pizza delivery leaflets does one household need?

Often getting your first child is difficult as you are a 'new childminder', but once you have one, you are no longer this but 'a childminder'

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank ou for your suggestions i will take them all on board . The advice has really helped .