Fee's
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Fee's

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Fee's

Hi all I was after some advice please. I have a parent who has given me notice ( mine is 4weeks paid). But they are refusing to pay! What do I do? And where do I stand? Please help

Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

A lot of parents think they can get away without paying - some threaten to make malicious complaints as well :/

you need to speak to your insurance company - ask for some support - see what they advise.

next time take a deposit so you have money in advance x

sept 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda Gilbert View Post
    Hi all I was after some advice please. I have a parent who has given me notice ( mine is 4weeks paid). But they are refusing to pay! What do I do? And where do I stand? Please help
    When I worked with my sister one parent would not pay. I paid a visit to her home with a letter after she ignored calls and text. The letter stated as per contract you owe 4 weeks fees etc and explained I have contacted my insurance company who will start legal proceedings within a few weeks if bill not settled. That was all it took.
    Talk to insurance company first. Document their response and send her a letter stating what is owed, remind them of contract and say x amount to pay bill or legal proceedings start
    Tess1981

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Good replies there already. Certainly you need to call your insurer/legal team urgently.

Has the client given immediate notice and left, or is the child still attending?

Are you able to fill the vacancy quickly?

Do you have a waiting list?

What steps have you taken to fill the vacancy?

There are some circumstances in which a client can wriggle out of a paid notice clause, though few people are sufficiently knowledgeable/canny or employ a smart solicitor to work it out for them. As mentioned, most parents will probably stop the fight once they realise they will have a fight on their hands, at no further cost to the CM, and that a CCJ ruling against them can bu88er up their credit rating for some years.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tess1981 View Post
    When I worked with my sister one parent would not pay. I paid a visit to her home with a letter after she ignored calls and text. The letter stated as per contract you owe 4 weeks fees etc and explained I have contacted my insurance company who will start legal proceedings within a few weeks if bill not settled. That was all it took.
    Talk to insurance company first. Document their response and send her a letter stating what is owed, remind them of contract and say x amount to pay bill or legal proceedings start
    Good except I would never mention Insurance Company because so people will think you will get it back. I just say it will be put in the hands of my Solicitor.

6. Likes Kiddleywinks liked this post