Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
Sorry to hear you're upset by the silly recommendations.

How was the rest of the feedback? Was everything else good? Sometimes I think we overlook the positive comments they make and find ourselves totally focusing on the negatives.

If these are recomendations, they're not something you have to do. They're just something the inspector has identified as areas you could work on. There's nothing to say you couldn't note that you have considered the recommendations, have decided they are not necessary, so will not be doing them. You can clearly explain what you already do, how these added tasks wouldn't have any benefit for the children and how what you already do is more than sufficient.

I'm sure there's a consultation going on at the moment about cutting unnecessary paperwork or burdens placed on us. Maybe you could find it and add your comments there. Are you also given the opportunity to give feedback following your inspection? I know you have already told the inspector (good for you), but I'd put it in writing as well if I could.

In the meantime and for your own peace of mind, try to focus on the positive things that were said. If anyone asks or if you tell anyone about your inspection, start with all the good things that were said. Leave the recommendations as the afterthought at the end - don't make them the main thing about your inspection.
Thank you Mouse. It's really nice of you to try and spin me into more positive thinking. I have looked at the positive comments and on the whole it is a nice write up. The problem is I simply don't value their opinion anymore. And a lot of parents don't either. A parent I work with had a childminder previous to me who was 'Outstanding'. Her opinion of her was that she loved her paperwork yet hated the children. She doesn't feel Ofsted's opinion is worth the paper it's printed on and she's not the only one. It's all such a shame