Toddlers in skinny jeans
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  10
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Jun 06
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Toddlers in skinny jeans

This is a real bug bear ours. We co-mind and most days have 6 x 2 year olds and under between us. On a typical day 4 out of the 6 are dressed in skinny jeans. This means their movements are really restricted - our 10 month old is crawling and having to fight against the tightness of his jeans. It is back-breaking for us having to try and coerce their fat little bodies into tit fitting clothes at nappy change time. And then there's the fact that because there is no 'give' around their bottoms, any poo less than totally firm gets squooshed straight up their backs!!
    So I'm thinking of suggesting parents opt for loose fitting joggers/leggings in our upcoming newsletter. But I don't want to offend anyone. I think a lot of our parents are quite well off and shop at baby gap and Jo Jo maman who try and dress children like tiny adults. Whereas they'd be better serving their kids by getting a job lot of trackybums from tesco or primary for a fiver!
    Should I put our suggestion in the newsletter or not?

2. Likes JCrakers, Maza liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I would definitely suggest it in a newsletter. Not only would it be easier for you but it would be much more comfortable for the children.

I have a lo who comes in skinny jeans. Luckily he's my grandson so I just keep spare (more suitable clothes) here to change him into! Nappy changing is a nightmare - to pull his jeans up I have to hold him upright, hold the sides of the jeans and bounce him into them! It's bad enough with only one so I hate to think what it would be like with a few of them.

I'd word it that you're suggesting it for everyone's benefits - keep best clothes for home, you're less concerned about children ruining their clothes, easier for you to dry them off if they get a bit wet, easier for the children to move around it. You could almost say you're thinking of introducing a little uniform - some parents love to think of their babies as having a dress code!!

4. Likes Maza liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    I would definitely suggest it in a newsletter. Not only would it be easier for you but it would be much more comfortable for the children.

I have a lo who comes in skinny jeans. Luckily he's my grandson so I just keep spare (more suitable clothes) here to change him into! Nappy changing is a nightmare - to pull his jeans up I have to hold him upright, hold the sides of the jeans and bounce him into them! It's bad enough with only one so I hate to think what it would be like with a few of them.

I'd word it that you're suggesting it for everyone's benefits - keep best clothes for home, you're less concerned about children ruining their clothes, easier for you to dry them off if they get a bit wet, easier for the children to move around it. You could almost say you're thinking of introducing a little uniform - some parents love to think of their babies as having a dress code!!
    Lol ... I had a prospective mum the other day ask what my uniform was!
    I said comfortable clothing that allows freedom of movement, can get dirty and encourages independence!

Good luck. xx

Jun 06
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    comfortable clothing that allows freedom of movement, can get dirty and encourages independence!

xx
    THAT is going in our newsletter! You are spot on - another aspect is come toilet training time how the heck are they supposed to pull skinny jeans up and down quickly?!

Thank you!

7. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

Not having had to buy toddlers clothes for so long I'm aghast that they even make skinny jeans for young kids!
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

9. Likes Maza liked this post
    Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

I buy skinny jeans for my 5 year old from next, but this is a recent thing and no way would I have dreamt of it when he was crawling/potty training and wore nappies. It's just impractical! I suggest old and baggy clothes that the parents don't mind getting ruined, plus I suggest a bag of spares too, incase of any accidents/and or mud/paint/wet issues!

Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I just don't approve of them on 3/4 yr olds when they bend down to play and a lot of their little bottoms are showing. no no no.

12. Likes Maza, moggy, loocyloo, Ripeberry, FloraDora liked this post
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I agree, I have a LO who occasionally wears very tight fitting jeans which has caused issues in toilet training. I usually change her into a pair of her spare joggers or looser leggings during the day and change her back to go home so I keep the spares. I just explain to mum that I changed her because her jeans are tricky to be independent with and she was fine.
    She rarely wears the jeans now.

In warmer weather most of my LO's take off tights, tight leggings and jeans anyway as the girls all like bare legs to play and be comfortable - their choice whilst in the house.