behaviour problems
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default behaviour problems

Sorry but I need to vent, no one to talk to....

I've previously posted about my daughters behaviour today it's gone to different level -
    Day off today so I take my dd 22 months to a toddler dance thing, all ok had a nice time etc dd got lots of praise for good behaviour, listening joining in etc etc..
    Go to put her in car seat and she just lost the plot refused to get in , arch back screaming kicking etc, not giving in, it got so bad another mum came over to see if we were ok and if there was anything she could do.... she said distraction sometimes helps.... (i knew it had gone past the point of distraction )
    I felt like the worst parent in the world

I just snapped back at her as I was so stressed but I know she was just trying to help, I said I was fine and just leave it thanks.
    I finally got dd in the carseat after several attempts still screaming etc.
    The lady walks off i then realise my lovely big car sign advertising my childminding business is right in the lady's view (i only got it yesterday! !)
    So know if feel the worst parent and childminder in the world.

Got in the car drove off crying my eyes out, I feel so awful,

Great advertisement ay!

Registered Childminder since
    May 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by crumpet54 View Post
    Sorry but I need to vent, no one to talk to.... I've previously posted about my daughters behaviour today it's gone to different level - Day off today so I take my dd 22 months to a toddler dance thing, all ok had a nice time etc dd got lots of praise for good behaviour, listening joining in etc etc.. Go to put her in car seat and she just lost the plot refused to get in , arch back screaming kicking etc, not giving in, it got so bad another mum came over to see if we were ok and if there was anything she could do.... she said distraction sometimes helps.... (i knew it had gone past the point of distraction ) I felt like the worst parent in the world I just snapped back at her as I was so stressed but I know she was just trying to help, I said I was fine and just leave it thanks. I finally got dd in the carseat after several attempts still screaming etc. The lady walks off i then realise my lovely big car sign advertising my childminding business is right in the lady's view (i only got it yesterday! !) So know if feel the worst parent and childminder in the world. Got in the car drove off crying my eyes out, I feel so awful, Great advertisement ay!
    Oh crumpet, how awful for you! Our own kids really know how to push our buttons, don't they?!

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Try to just put it out of your mind. I doubt she thinks anything of it. You were putting a 2 year old into a car seat, and everyone knows how much 2 year olds LOVE being confined lol. She is most likely just sending you positive vibes to helo you get through the rest of the day, even with the sticker on the car.

Just think about something else, and let it go As for your daughters tantrums, well you know as well as the rest of us, this too shall pass

4. Likes Maza liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, been there, done that, got the 'worst mother/childminder in the world' t-shirt!

I always said my own children were worse than any of the minded ones!

I bet that other mum has been in the exact same position herself and knows just what it's like to have your child playing up. That's probably why she came over to see if she could help. And I'm pretty sure she'd have known that you replied as you did due to frustration/anger/embarrassment. She probably went away knowing exactly how you were feeling and barely giving it a second thought. If it was the other way round and you'd gone to help I doubt you'd have though the other person was being rude. You'd just have felt sympathy for them. And if you'd spotted a childminding sign in their car I really doubt you'd have thought them any less of a childminder.

Try not to stress about it.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks all, she really is testing me at the moment, can't wait for this phase to end!

Jan 16
    Post Thanks / Like

Bless you, I bet there's barely a mum in the place who wouldn't have been thinking "phew, thankfully this week it's not me" :-) Places like that are always hard, they get over tired, over excited, don't want to leave - I've had some mammoth wrestlling sessions to get both my own LO into the car and once, memorably, had to leave my three year old daughter laying in the footwell to finish her tantrum whilst I stood outside trying to look calm, controlled and casual as I physically couldn't get the seatbelts onto her! SHe's now 9 going on 19 and we've moved on to different battles :-D

Dec 02
    Post Thanks / Like

The thing with a tantrum over a car seat is that YOU must win. A child must have a car seat, so it's a battle a child should never win.

I once had the same battle with a new child on their 2nd day. I was able to wrestle them into the seat. After that I never had that battle again , ( although I had loads more for everything else). What was interesting/scary/illegal was that the child did not wear a seatbelt or sit in a car seat in either of the the parents cars.

A short time after care finished, they were caught by the police, probably the lack of mot on the car would not have helped either!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k1rstie View Post
    The thing with a tantrum over a car seat is that YOU must win. A child must have a car seat, so it's a battle a child should never win.

I once had the same battle with a new child on their 2nd day. I was able to wrestle them into the seat. After that I never had that battle again , ( although I had loads more for everything else). What was interesting/scary/illegal was that the child did not wear a seatbelt or sit in a car seat in either of the the parents cars.

A short time after care finished, they were caught by the police, probably the lack of mot on the car would not have helped either!
    Oh yes of course there was no way my dd would win that battle! There's no way I'd not put her in a car seat!

Jan 16
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crumpet54 View Post
    Oh yes of course there was no way my dd would win that battle! There's no way I'd not put her in a car seat!
    And that's the image that the other mum walked away with - that despite all the provocation, you won the battle, didn't take the easy route, and kept the child safe :-)

11. Likes BallyH liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Bless you. She's at the perfect age for exactly that kind of behaviour. x

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks all, let's hope today is a better day

I love this site for support thank you x