Help needed - Please advise
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Help needed - Please advise

Hello, this is my first post and unfortunately I wish it was a better one. I need some advice on my current child-minding situation.

I have been looking after a family of three for over a year now and the parents have just terminated the contract as they had heard from a friend who seen me with their children in a local park that the children weren't being adequately supervised. I can assure everyone that this wasn't the case and in my 10 years of working in childcare (private nanny then childminder) that my integrity has been called into question. I am very hurt that they took the decision without even having a conversation with me regarding this. Has anyone else ever been in such a position? I was very fond of their children and now find myself with less work and with potential in having my reputation damaged. I tried talking with the parents and they said they couldn't ignore what they had been told and the decision was final and the children would be going to a nursery.

Should I speak with the relevant people to ensure that my story is on record to protect myself? I know I have nothing to worry about deep down but it does not stop me from worrying. if someone could offer some advice I would appreciate it so much as I feel very alone at the minute with little help on this matter.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I am so sorry you find yourself in this situation x

A complaint has been made against you - so you need to write it up and keep it safely to show Ofsted that you have reflected on the complaint and resolved it.

It is a requirement that you give the results of the complaint in writing to parents within 28 days...

I hope that helps...

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh how awful for you.

Did the parents give you any details? Had their friend misinterpreted something? We all differ slightly on what 'adequate supervision' actually means, or looks like. I would be pushing the parents for details as otherwise how can you respond and reflect? I wouldn't contact the friend.

When are the children starting nursery? Do you think that maybe they have been planning on sending their children to a nursery for a while now and are possibly exaggerating what their friend saw in order to use it as an excuse to leave you?

Big hugs. x

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the responses.

Their friends completely misread the situation and I am not only hurt but now getting angry about it. I have contacted the relevant people to get my story on record and they informed me I have nothing to worry about and they hear about things like this a lot. I also found out that a grandparent has recently re located to the local area and is collecting the children from school. They told me the children were going to nursery. I can accept this but not the lies they told me and the potential to damage my reputation.

I am writing a letter to them and sending an invoice for a months pay which I am entitled to. This has been a very stressful and horrible situation