ratios questions totally confused conditions. i
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default ratios questions totally confused conditions. i

Hi
    Just had an enquiry for a 4 year old school pick up at 3.15- 5 , she turns 5 in august, is in reception full time, does this count as my other 5's or will she be in my under 5's ratio?

Sorry but getting confusing conflicting advice just want a straight answer!

Also how much would you charge?

Registered Childminder since
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Although technically she is still covered by EYFS re LJ's etc, for ratio purposes she will count in your 5-8yr olds so you can still have your 3 x EY's children as well. Does any of that make sense??

xx

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AliceK View Post
    Although technically she is still covered by EYFS re LJ's etc, for ratio purposes she will count in your 5-8yr olds so you can still have your 3 x EY's children as well. Does any of that make sense??

xx
    Yes that makes total sense, that's perfect I thought it was but start to question myself so much conflicting info around.

Simona Guest

If you are unsure about ratio at any time do give the Oftsed helpline a call....they should be able to support you
    Or look at Gill Jones message to Cms on this issue....very clear

Registered Childminder since
    July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

She is classed as an over 5 if she is in fulltime education. You wont have to do a LJ. Although she is still in the EYFS the school will be her main focus and I just make sure I still mentally observe but nothing written.
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    If you are unsure about ratio at any time do give the Oftsed helpline a call....they should be able to support you
    Or look at Gill Jones message to Cms on this issue....very clear
    I will do, I was only confused as I've messaged 4 childminders in my area, and 2 have said yes and 2 have said no ......... nothing seems clear,

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JCrakers View Post
    She is classed as an over 5 if she is in fulltime education. You wont have to do a LJ. Although she is still in the EYFS the school will be her main focus and I just make sure I still mentally observe but nothing written.
    Thank you x

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by crumpet54 View Post
    I will do, I was only confused as I've messaged 4 childminders in my area, and 2 have said yes and 2 have said no ......... nothing seems clear,
    Yes...it is a bit frustrating that some still do not seem to have got the ratios right but the guidance given to cms is now clear...The EYFS wording is terrible but cms know how and when they can increase their number in certain circumstances.
    Good luck.