Baby/ toddler carriers
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Baby/ toddler carriers

Rather than a pram does anyone carry a lighting toddler on them to go out ever rather than use a pram? What tends to be the age and weight cut off for baby carriers? Can anyone recommend me a good one? Thank you :-)

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I use my wompat to carry my little ones, up to the age of around 30 months - although if one of my 3 year olds wanted to go in while we were out and about I wouldn't necessarily say no.

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by singingcactus View Post
    I use my wompat to carry my little ones, up to the age of around 30 months - although if one of my 3 year olds wanted to go in while we were out and about I wouldn't necessarily say no.
    Wow, wompat looks gorgeous but pricey! I use a Patapum (cheap version of an Ergo!): Little Possums: baby slings and carriers - soft structured baby carriers
    My back can be a bit dodgy so wouldn't use carrier for everyday use. But I use one in the house for a clingy little one who needs carrying.

4. Likes hectors house liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by moggy View Post
    Wow, wompat looks gorgeous but pricey! I use a Patapum (cheap version of an Ergo!): Little Possums: baby slings and carriers - soft structured baby carriers My back can be a bit dodgy so wouldn't use carrier for everyday use. But I use one in the house for a clingy little one who needs carrying.
    Do you wear them on your front or back moggy? How old are they?

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mumofone View Post
    Do you wear them on your front or back moggy? How old are they?
    Front or back, for mindees usually only the 10-12mth olds when they first settling in with me and need extra carrying/cuddle time. But my own children I carried to 2.5 yrs in mei-tai. And a ring sling is very useful for short carries as dead-easy to get babes in and out, but not for long walks as all the weight is on one shoulder. If you can find a local sling-meet you can try out various slings and get advise, sling-meets are often on facebook now (where sling-loving, baby-wearing mamas meet to talk and share slings).