Baby monitor
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Baby monitor

Post Thanks / Like

Default Baby monitor

I have a video baby/cot monitor but am looking for a portable baby monitor and am after recommendations as not really sure where to start as there are so many available. Just want something simple to use that's portable and that I can take outside etc. If anyone has any recommendations for me that would be great! :-) Thank you x

Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sorry can't help you as I don't use one. X

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have had various ones, mostly second hand. I don't find there is much difference between them- just go for what fits your budget, Tomy, BT have been fine. Some have unnecessary features like lights and lullabies- I just have the basic ones.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys, I just wondered if anyone had experience of one with a good outside range, looking for something simple to use but that i can take out in the garden that i can reliably hear a baby on Hmmm!

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mumofone View Post
    Thanks guys, I just wondered if anyone had experience of one with a good outside range, looking for something simple to use but that i can take out in the garden that i can reliably hear a baby on Hmmm!
    They have a range of about 350m so no problem in the garden, unless you have acres of land!! Very very thick stone cottage walls can reduce the range, but in a regular house and a regular garden they are all much the same.

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

I have an angelcare one and the range is fine for garden, however I don't really rate the monitor, the screen barely works so I can't change any settings, luckily I'm fine with just sound settings I have now but if I ever wanted to use additional features I can't without buying a new handset (at a fair expense considering how quickly it went wrong!
    I've heard good things about BT from friends

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I don't use one.
    I thought long and hard about it but I organise my day around current baby's sleep pattern and it seems to work for us. He sleeps upstairs and when he does I can hear him as the children know that we have to be quieter when the baby is asleep. On the occasion when we need to go in the garden I anticipate this and he sleeps in my very old fashioned - princess Charlotte like pram in the garden. If we are out he sleeps in his pram as we walk.

I think it is good that the others have to consider him.
    In the afternoons he naps when they others rest and I sit upstairs and write up the day.

I did wonder what you do as a single childminder if you are mid play in the garden and the monitor tells you the baby upstairs needs your attention? Do you all go in?

Post Thanks / Like

This reminded me I tried using one years ago and managed to tune in to taxi, police and airport!! I not used one since lol x

9. Likes Dragonfly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by watford wizz View Post
    This reminded me I tried using one years ago and managed to tune in to taxi, police and airport!! I not used one since lol x
    Lol, I remember tuning my bedroom clock radio years ago and getting the same!!