Valentines day crafts
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  15
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    There is some useful info on the BHF website https://www.bhf.org.uk/heart-health/...es-and-nursery You can order free resources although you can give a donation, which is the fair thing to do
    Thank you so much! I'll take a good look when I get a moment :-) x

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FloraDora View Post
    Not sure what Sylvia does but when I look at the heart we do lots of energetic activities and feel our heart pounding after. I have an Aldi puzzle that they love and the second layer shows the heart and blood vessels so this is out to play with. I encourage art/ drawings of people with hearts in their chests ( hobby craft heart stickers) We have a real stethoscope and hear each other's heart beats. The PsHe link is usually linking pumping heart with happiness and what makes us happy. But not Valentine day linked, any time activity here.
    Thank you, I love the sound of the aldi puzzle! Let me know if you know where I can get similar :-)

Oh and thank you so much for the gardening tool recommendation, they came today and are perfect! Just what I was after! :-) :-) :-) x

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mumofone View Post
    Thank you, I love the sound of the aldi puzzle! Let me know if you know where I can get similar :-)

Oh and thank you so much for the gardening tool recommendation, they came today and are perfect! Just what I was after! :-) :-) :-) x
    I found this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Beleduc-1712.../dp/B000ELWHUQ

It is similar to the Aldi puzzle I have - but I only paid £ 3.99 - 6 months ago!!!

You do have to check every week what Aldi have on specials offer.

Wheel barrow is next - we use it lots- I put the bird seed in it, before filling the container, we weed together and use to transfer to compost, the 19month just wheels it around and pops in whatever he finds.
    Spent a wet Sunday afternoon planning my 2016 garden today and ordering seeds and plants and got confirmation that I can take part in this again this year -

Help monitor bees with University of Sussex scientists : News and events : University of Sussex
    Really recommend it.
    Free seeds and a focus to monitor bees - I loved doing it last year and LO's became so bee aware.

I find gardening or playing in the garden such Good fun and easy learning. I don't feel I am working when we can spend time in the garden. The children learn through every activity.
    This years plan is winches and pulleys - DH started yesterday ....so we will be transferring plants from our greenhouse to the vegetable bed via a pulley this year....I hope!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FloraDora View Post
    I found this: Beleduc 17129 Puzzle with 5 Layers Picture of Boy with "Your Body" Theme: Beleduc: Amazon.co.uk: Toys & Games

It is similar to the Aldi puzzle I have - but I only paid £ 3.99 - 6 months ago!!!

You do have to check every week what Aldi have on specials offer.

Wheel barrow is next - we use it lots- I put the bird seed in it, before filling the container, we weed together and use to transfer to compost, the 19month just wheels it around and pops in whatever he finds.
    Spent a wet Sunday afternoon planning my 2016 garden today and ordering seeds and plants and got confirmation that I can take part in this again this year -

Help monitor bees with University of Sussex scientists : News and events : University of Sussex
    Really recommend it.
    Free seeds and a focus to monitor bees - I loved doing it last year and LO's became so bee aware.

I find gardening or playing in the garden such Good fun and easy learning. I don't feel I am working when we can spend time in the garden. The children learn through every activity.
    This years plan is winches and pulleys - DH started yesterday ....so we will be transferring plants from our greenhouse to the vegetable bed via a pulley this year....I hope!
    Aw love the puzzle, bit expensive for me unfortunately.
    when talking and discussing the body - body parts etc what areas of learning are we generally covering?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SYLVIA View Post
    I dont generally do valentines crafts as I also feel its for adults. But with all the hearts on display in shops etc, we have looked at our own hearts before and how to look after them with exercise etc.and used it as a health and exercise activity
    What area of learning dyou think this covers? PD (self care?)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12