Help with ORBIT!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  14
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Help with ORBIT!

Calling all ORBIT users! Ive added a child, and invited their parent (not accepted yet as far as i know? when will i know??).
    Ive done some observations on them which are showing but now I am stuck.
    When I generate a LJ for them nothing appears in it, how do i generate any kind of report for them or learning journey?
    Thank you! :-)

Registered Childminder since
    sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

You can see if the parent has linked when you click on the chld. underneath the childs details it says this childs parents are linked to their orbit record.
    when you click on stream can you see the obs youve put on in order?
    Last edited by mama2three; 27-01-2016 at 09:30 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mama2three View Post
    You can see if the parent has linked when you click on the chld. underneath the childs details it says this childs parents are linked to their orbit record.
    when you click on stream can you see the obs youve put on in order?
    Ah ha, i see thank you.

Yep with the most recent at the top..........

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

After you go on the report page and click create new learning journey and put in the dates it should say processing learning journey? It does take a while sometimes.

And go off that child then back on , no idea why but when you go back on the journey often says ready for download
    Last edited by mama2three; 27-01-2016 at 09:36 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

After you go on the report page and click create new learning journey and put in the dates it should say processing learning journey? It does take a while sometimes. And go off that child then back on , no idea why but when you go back on the journey often says ready for download
    That's what I've been doing (just done it again now) but when I click on the download it's just blank, it does me a nice cover page but nothing else??

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Ooh I dont know then , sorry. I just did a download to check the steps and it worked for me. Maybe do another or change the dates slightly and try again?

Post Thanks / Like

Ooh I dont know then , sorry. I just did a download to check the steps and it worked for me. Maybe do another or change the dates slightly and try again?
    Maybe the parent needs to join first before I can do it?

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

no, i used to have a child whose parent never joined and I could still print off ljs

Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Have you put in the correct date? My automatically comes up with a 2014 calendar and I have to manually put in a start date and end date. Plus try not to do loads at a time. I tend to print mine off monthly.

Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh plus, I've found if you do an observation today you'll have to wait till tomorrow to generate a print out from it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by moh View Post
    Have you put in the correct date? My automatically comes up with a 2014 calendar and I have to manually put in a start date and end date. Plus try not to do loads at a time. I tend to print mine off monthly.
    Yep ive put in the correct dates,
    it says "this child has no completed evaluations".....i feel like i must have missed out a step.
    So after logging observations they should transfer straight to the LJ??
    Am I supposed to have done anything in the assessments screen yet?

Post Thanks / Like

Is there a help desk for it all? I cant follow their online help guides (yes i really am that dumb!!!!!!!!!!) :-) xx

Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mumofone View Post
    Yep ive put in the correct dates,
    it says "this child has no completed evaluations".....i feel like i must have missed out a step.
    So after logging observations they should transfer straight to the LJ??
    Am I supposed to have done anything in the assessments screen yet?
    When you've taken a photo and wrote an observation have you linked it to the 'goals' and then 'completed the assessment' it? It then should go into the child's stream. Then go into reports. Press 'new learning journey' and put in a start and an end date.

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Mine all say no completed evaluations as I dont use that bit , so has no bearing on LJs. If you click on assessment and see the varios areas and aspects there should be a number next to them , showing you how many observaations have been linked to that area. You can also click on each area and see more detail.

As far as I can tell youre doing everything right. A friend of mine had a similar problem last year. She broke down the learning journey into months to download and found that all but one month was fine. She contacted orbit and there was an issue with one of the obs which had stopped the whole lot downloading. Maybe try breaking yours into smaller chunks? The email support address is support@orbit.so

15. Likes mumofone liked this post
    Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

I've never got hang of the assessment but, you don't need to do any assessments to be able to do a lj.

Can you say each step what you have done.
    How have you done each observation and the steps you took to do lj? Then we will be able to see if there is anything missing

Post Thanks / Like

When you've taken a photo and wrote an observation have you linked it to the 'goals' and then 'completed the assessment' it? It then should go into the child's stream. Then go into reports. Press 'new learning journey' and put in a start and an end date.
    I haven't taken any photos yet....

So for one observation ive done an "assessment type", chosen "development area", chosen "age range/statement", chosen "assessment level" and then written a few words in the "notes and next steps" box then ive clicked "save"...

That's all I've done......

Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't taken any photos yet....

So for one observation ive done an "assessment type", chosen "development area", chosen "age range/statement", chosen "assessment level" and then written a few words in the "notes and next steps" box then ive clicked "save"...

That's all I've done......
    If you have written enough then press 'all assessments complete'. Once pressed you cannot alter it. This then will be in that child's 'stream' and it is from this saved assessment and others that follow that you will then be able to print from. Does this make sense?

19. Likes blue bear liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If you have written enough then press 'all assessments complete'. Once pressed you cannot alter it. This then will be in that child's 'stream' and it is from this saved assessment and others that follow that you will then be able to print from. Does this make sense?
    Hmm not sure i can see an "all assessments complete" .....

I'll drop the helpline an email....

Post Thanks / Like

Mine all say no completed evaluations as I dont use that bit , so has no bearing on LJs. If you click on assessment and see the varios areas and aspects there should be a number next to them , showing you how many observaations have been linked to that area. You can also click on each area and see more detail.

As far as I can tell youre doing everything right. A friend of mine had a similar problem last year. She broke down the learning journey into months to download and found that all but one month was fine. She contacted orbit and there was an issue with one of the obs which had stopped the whole lot downloading. Maybe try breaking yours into smaller chunks? The email support address is support@orbit.so
    Thanks mama2three, im going to email them and find out what im doing wrong! Thank you for the email address :-) x

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm not sure i can see an "all assessments complete" .....

I'll drop the helpline an email....

Open orbit and click on observations
    Click on the observation
    On the right hand side you will see the eyfs in square blocks, one says add assessments, when you click this you can link to areas of learning and add next steps.
    After doing that go back to the observation you will see the add assessments but next to it will be another eyfs blocks with all assessments complete, you need to click on that for the observation to go into the learning journal.

23. Likes mumofone liked this post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast