Bottle tops
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Bottle tops

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bottle tops

I'm sure I've read Something about bottle too construction in the early years, does anyone do anything like this and able to inspire me?!

Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Have you looked on pinterest? There are lots of pages

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I often find with things like this, that the best thing to do is just to lay them out for the children to discover. They usually do things that I wouldn't have thought of in a million years. They might sort them, count them, put them all in a long line and do some measuring, stack them, transport them in bags/buggies/trucks, they might use them as coins, they might stack them or make pictures/patterns with them. They might roll them around, post them, put them in little containers and shake them,or find hiding places (I used to find all sorts of things hidden in my letterbox in the front door), they might use them as little bowls for animals/dolls. They might ask to paint or decorate them or ask for other resources such as pipe cleaners, buttons, playdough, googly eyes. You could add them to your water tray, sand tray, other construction kits. They are great for heuristic play.

Let us know what they do - of course, they might ignore them too lol! If they do, don't bin them, just present them in a different way and they might then think they are the best toy ever!

4. Likes FloraDora liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    Have you looked on pinterest? There are lots of pages
    Hi sarah, thanks, no not on pininterest unfortunately...sorry I should have mentioned that as its everyone's first recommendation!

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a big basket full. We use them for so much , theres rarely a day that they havent been played with. Great for maths , patterns , sorting etc.. lovely for use in transient art. Good for writing letters or numbers on . great or collages etc....

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

My first recommendation mumofone is get yourself on pinterest!!

8. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mumofone View Post
    I'm sure I've read Something about bottle too construction in the early years, does anyone do anything like this and able to inspire me?!
    There are clips you can buy which allow you to attach them together to make stuff is that what you mean? Anyone help me out with the name ? Mind blank!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

If you're looking for inspiration you really must look at pinterest

Is there any reason you don't want to use it? It's a massive resource that's freely available and it's a shame you don't take advantage of it.

11. Likes FloraDora liked this post