Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Health check

Non childminder member
    Nanny
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Health check

Hello and thanks for adding me.
    I am nanny for 6 years (OFSTED registered ) and would like to became a childminder but have read that if people were having some medical conditions their applications could be declined.
    I have been diagnosed with mild depression years ago .
    I don't know what to do.
    If I'll apply and fail I'll lost money ....
    I thought someone here could give me some more information.
    Thank you very much.

Registered Childminder since
    Jul 10
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think it will be a problem, but you should probably call ofsted and ask them.

Registered Childminder since
    Sept 13
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it's highly unlikely that they would turn someone down for having previously had mild depression and taking steps to seek treatment for it. Particularly because depression is one illness that many people live out their entire lives with, undiagnosed. Mild depression is highly unlikely to have a negative impact on your ability to care for children, as your 6 years already being ofsted registered will prove! I'm sure it'll all be fine, but do just phone and check if you're concerned, they've always been really lovely and friendly when I've phoned for support x

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Kviiinyy View Post
    Hello and thanks for adding me.
    I am nanny for 6 years (OFSTED registered ) and would like to became a childminder but have read that if people were having some medical conditions their applications could be declined.
    I have been diagnosed with mild depression years ago .
    I don't know what to do.
    If I'll apply and fail I'll lost money ....
    I thought someone here could give me some more information.
    Thank you very much.
    Make some enquiries first and see if you can find out more....your GP report, when he does one, will report on your condition
    However...sometimes is the medication that Ofsted have to take account of in addition to other details

If someone suffers from a back complain Ofsted may limit the number of children...as an example....if a potential cm suffers from seizures ...that is different altogether

Do you have anyone who can help you with this query as it is individual to you? hope you can get as many answers as you need.