help misquoted price!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  10
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks all yes I will invite her for a viewing. Like u say it may lead to more.

Post Thanks / Like

She's now saying 9 month old every Friday and now a 3 year old only in holidays
    What happens then? Retainer? Seperate contract just as and when need charge??

Registered Childminder since
    Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Every child needs a separate contract. I would do a 'holiday' contract only. They pay whatever hourly rate you want. Same as the baby? Up to you. But they pay for additional hours if required. They pay for sickness and if the parent takes the child out for a holiday, during the holiday period, as with the baby contract.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by moh View Post
    Every child needs a separate contract. I would do a 'holiday' contract only. They pay whatever hourly rate you want. Same as the baby? Up to you. But they pay for additional hours if required. They pay for sickness and if the parent takes the child out for a holiday, during the holiday period, as with the baby contract.
    Yes I've just realised once I had written it that I'd need a separate contract.
    I've messaged her saying if she would like to come for a viewing.

5. Likes BallyH liked this post
    Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crumpet54 View Post
    She's now saying 9 month old every Friday and now a 3 year old only in holidays
    What happens then? Retainer? Seperate contract just as and when need charge??
    Definitely separate contracts.

I don't do retainers, but each to their own. I'm guessing you mean: should you charge a term-time retainer for the 3yo who is needing holiday-only care? I'd think carefully about that. One of the biggest gripes I hear is parents dislike paying for times they're not receiving care. Whatever you believe about the rights and wrongs of this, remember the scale of this: the child is spending only a quarter of the year in your care, so mum is even more likely to baulk at a retainer fee. It could actually be a deal-breaker, especially if she visits another CM who is offering holiday care with no term-time charges.

I do know some local CMs who charge a holiday retainer on TTO contracts (claiming they "can't fill the space in the holidays") and then have holiday-only clients filling the very same spaces on an increased rate "because it's holidays-only". Go figure..............

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Be careful with the 3 year old just in the school holidays, if you take them on then they fill one of your under 5's spaces so unless you find another child who just wants term time you could end up over numbers. I know being full seems like a long way off but it's worth thinking about, you could end up turning away a full time all year round under 5 as they would be new business and you wouldn't have space for them in the holidays.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hectors house View Post
    Be careful with the 3 year old just in the school holidays, if you take them on then they fill one of your under 5's spaces so unless you find another child who just wants term time you could end up over numbers. I know being full seems like a long way off but it's worth thinking about, you could end up turning away a full time all year round under 5 as they would be new business and you wouldn't have space for them in the holidays.
    Yes I wouldn't turn away a full timer, I only have 2 spaces anyway as my dd takes up a space anyway. I'll just say if I have space then yes but if not then no. I'll explain it to mum.
    She's not responded anyway to my invite for a visit/view so it's not looking likely it will happen anyway.

On another note I had a message yesterday really keen lady, messages were going back and forth in asked how old the child was and she said. ..... oh no its not a child space I want- I thought you were advertising jobs???? Aaahhhhhh x

9. Likes hectors house liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

of course you should take it if you are wanting to become busier. I often just say that baring in mind the age of child (one of hardest for separation) that one day may not be enough to build a bond and help settle but we can try it and see how it goes then they often say oh yes hadn't thought of that if she/he is struggling we will send them a little more often . paperwork wont be a big deal as you don't need to do more than one ob a week x

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jessymax View Post
    of course you should take it if you are wanting to become busier. I often just say that baring in mind the age of child (one of hardest for separation) that one day may not be enough to build a bond and help settle but we can try it and see how it goes then they often say oh yes hadn't thought of that if she/he is struggling we will send them a little more often . paperwork wont be a big deal as you don't need to do more than one ob a week x
    Yes that what I was thinking about the age and separation.

They've not responded to my message anyway, so nevermind lol thanks all for your replies

July 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crumpet54 View Post
    Yes I wouldn't turn away a full timer, I only have 2 spaces anyway as my dd takes up a space anyway. I'll just say if I have space then yes but if not then no. I'll explain it to mum. She's not responded anyway to my invite for a visit/view so it's not looking likely it will happen anyway. On another note I had a message yesterday really keen lady, messages were going back and forth in asked how old the child was and she said. ..... oh no its not a child space I want- I thought you were advertising jobs???? Aaahhhhhh x
    I had this once before too, i had an advert for an under 5 vacancy and the lady called me and talked for ages before I could get a word in edge ways to explain that the vacancy was for the under 5 not for someone to care for an under 5.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by samb View Post
    I had this once before too, i had an advert for an under 5 vacancy and the lady called me and talked for ages before I could get a word in edge ways to explain that the vacancy was for the under 5 not for someone to care for an under 5.
    Lol frustrating isn't it!

Post Thanks / Like

have you had anymore enquiries crumpet54?x

Post Thanks / Like

have you had anymore enquiries crumpet54?x
    Hi Jessymax yes I'm getting enquiries everyday but they're either not turning up to meet me etc or completely random hours or wanting a taxi service!
    For example I had one want me to pick up 30min drive away , take to nursery a further 10 min drive. This is a taxi requirement is wouldn't be caring for his needs at all, I would be spending 10 Min a day with him
    Then I've had 2 this week not wanting care until October and January

I'm pleased that I'm getting the enquiries etc but just nothing suitable atm

But I had a lovely message from a nursery teacher who saw my advert and photos of my playroom etc and said she wanted to say how wonderful it looked and she was gutted she couldn't send her daughter to me but it was too far to travel it wasn't possible for her. But she felt she wanted to tell me how nice aye!

16. Likes gef918, hectors house liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

its so frustrating I was so lucky nd don't take for granted the fact I was pretty much full before I even opened! but in the coming weeks when I was preparing and the enquiries just weren't quite right etc I was getting so disheartenend and was worrying how I would afford to pay the bills! that's lovely of that lady to message you, have you got a facebook page I have found that the best way to advertise personally and we have lots of local ' for sale and swap groups' where I share it every evening around 8pm when all parents are surfing fb! and it tends to be really great we also have a local newsletter I pay £3 a month to put my business card in which has brought in a couple of enquries xx

Post Thanks / Like

its so frustrating I was so lucky nd don't take for granted the fact I was pretty much full before I even opened! but in the coming weeks when I was preparing and the enquiries just weren't quite right etc I was getting so disheartenend and was worrying how I would afford to pay the bills! that's lovely of that lady to message you, have you got a facebook page I have found that the best way to advertise personally and we have lots of local ' for sale and swap groups' where I share it every evening around 8pm when all parents are surfing fb! and it tends to be really great we also have a local newsletter I pay £3 a month to put my business card in which has brought in a couple of enquries xx
    What kind of thing do you add to your Facebook page? I don't have one but thinking it sounds like a good idea!

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I have a Facebook page where I add photos of my playroom, I take photos of activities I've set up etc and share posts such as "we've had a busy week,...... saying what we've been up to etc. I will not have any photos of the children it's just the resources etc.
    I share it onto several buy it sell it type groups on fb regularly and also different times of the day to catch different people, etc.
    I have a think shirt made with my logo on which I wear whenever I'm out and about toddler groups soft play etc, I've got business cards in hand out to everyone and have leaflets up in shops, library, doctors, schools etc etc. I message everyone on childcare.co.uk not many are read though which is frustrating.
    The mindees mum works in the local supermarket and has put up leaflet in the staff room etc and has 2 people interested but nothing has come of that yet.

Post Thanks / Like

you sound like your doing everything you can how many mindees do you have now? atleast you have started I think getting number1 is the hardest must be difficult for parents to look around and 1 trust a stranger and 2 be happy that they will be only baby/child x

Post Thanks / Like

you sound like your doing everything you can how many mindees do you have now? atleast you have started I think getting number1 is the hardest must be difficult for parents to look around and 1 trust a stranger and 2 be happy that they will be only baby/child x
    1 girl 15months old, 2 days a week........ well 9.30-2.30 so not even a full day....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12