Christmas presents
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Christmas presents

Do You give Christmas presents to the children in your care ?

Registered Childminder since
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes I do. They are not big expensive gifts, just token gestures

Dec 87
    Post Thanks / Like

I do but as my daughter works with me I go to the pound shop and it's surprising what you can get and it doesn't look cheap! In fact I've seen the same things in the shops for 5 times the price and when you have about 25 kids to buy for that gets to a ridiculous amount to spend.

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Same as Sylvia.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chris goodyear View Post
    I do but as my daughter works with me I go to the pound shop and it's surprising what you can get and it doesn't look cheap! In fact I've seen the same things in the shops for 5 times the price and when you have about 25 kids to buy for that gets to a ridiculous amount to spend.
    I do Christmas craft activities and join to the parties and visit Santa etc. but We don't celebrate Christmas in our family for the cultural reasons and parents know that. But they still give me little presents.

Post Thanks / Like

I do Christmas craft activities and join to the parties and visit Santa etc. but We don't celebrate Christmas in our family for the cultural reasons and parents know that. But they still give me little presents.

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

I've got all my lot something little, a book or game (£2ish) and something like a pencil or minion snack pot for £1. I send it home with a big bag of cookies they've made and decorated, and any Christmas crafts they've done.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

To be honest, I find the whole present giving thing a bit awkward because I don't want to make them feel like they have to get me or my daughter something in return (a heartfelt sincere 'thank you for all you do and a happy new year' is enough) and so I approached it a little differently after my first year of child minding. I would hold a little Christmas party and make sure that each child 'won' their prize. Although it mounts to the same thing it just made me feel better!

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

On each child's last day I put all the child's crafts in a bag, plus their pressie (again .. just a little something) and give it to them when they are leaving saying 'here are all your Christmas crafts and a little something for under the tree'

sept 07
    Post Thanks / Like

I spent about £6 or so on each child I bought them all pyjamas this year and all crafts they made have been sent home when they completed them
    Tess1981

Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I do, this year I got them all a board game for £5 in the sale, a Disney book from the £1 shop and a selection box. Not too expensive and I know they'll enjoy it.

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We pick up nice things at low prices as we see them through the year. "Christmas shopping" is a mug's game, when we all know the same stuff will be 1/3 of the price in January.

Where I'm completely stumped is on any sort of idea for a mindee's birthday present. Little girl will be 1yo between Christmas and New Year.

I'm already having a totally 'smupid' disaster with this little mite's make-and-take-home gift for her parents. I'd planned to do my usual under-1's handprint plate, but found all my porcelain paints had dried up. So I got her handprint impression in air-dry clay and used a heart-shaped cookie cutter and a needle-hole, intending to let it dry then paint it and ribbon-hang it for a unique plaque or tree decoration for future years. Got it imprinted just before dad collected lo, and hid it out of his way.

Minutes later, one of my schoolies picked it up and squished it into a ball to make a clay model.
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH HH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I only get the lo once now before Christmas, so no chance to remake it, let it dry and panit/varnish it.

Post Thanks / Like

I have also done token gifts - a book and tube of sweets. My parents have also all participated in a secret Santa for the children and the presents will be given out at the Christmas party in doing on Friday xx

14. Likes Maza liked this post