Pregnancy?!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Pregnancy?!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pregnancy?!

Hello when you ladies have got pregnant do u lose all your mindees and have to start again or do you only have very short maternity leave and hope customers find alternative childcare with grandparents etc and come back to u ASAP?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jessymax View Post
    Hello when you ladies have got pregnant do u lose all your mindees and have to start again or do you only have very short maternity leave and hope customers find alternative childcare with grandparents etc and come back to u ASAP? Thanks
    No help but....congratulations!! :-)

Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

:-) congratulations.

A long time ago I was already minding when I was pregnant with dd. I stopped work a couple of weeks before she was due ... and she arrived 10 days early! I then returned to work when she was 9 weeks old. But only schoolies at that point. ( ds was 3 and I had been minding twins ) if I'd been thinking right, I'd have kept my 2yr old twins under continuity of care ... But I wasn't! My other part timers all went to nursery/another mum was on maternity leave herself! ( come sept mindee came back part time and her baby started later! )

My schoolies all muddled through/used friends/other minders. I didn't promise when I would come back to work, but said I hoped it would be around half term.

Dd was born just before Easter.

It worked for me as I had a few weeks with schoolies, and then the summer holidays then bang ... EY mindees from sept. One returned mindee and 1 new mindee.

I know one minder who planned to go back to work when her baby was 3 mths old. She put it off until her babe was 9 mths. ( her mindees had mainly arranged temporary care for the 3 months, and then it became permanent as 9mths is a long time for a little one to settle somewhere and then return and resettle. Even her schoolies found new care ) ... and just as well, as then she decided she was giving up!

Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Lovely news. Sorry. No advice otherwise.

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Congratulations

Many years ago when I was expecting DD2 I rang round local childminders for maternity cover and managed to place all my mindees with local childminders. I told the parents that I would understand if they decided to stay with the new minders due to the length of time I was planning to take off. I knew I wanted a longer maternity time because she was going to be my last. As it turned out we took the opportunity to move away from the area and I didn't return to work. It took me a while to get started again in my new place.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been pregnant twice while childminding. The first time I only had one EYs child as I already had 2 of my own. His mum decided she'd put him into a nursery when I went on maternity leave and wouldn't bring him back as she didn't know how I would cope with a young baby and her child. As it was, her son hated nursery so I had him back when my baby was 3 months old and my eldest had started school.

The second time I arranged for the children to go to other childminders. I started back minding when my baby was 4 months old and my mindees all came back. I did tell parents I'd understand if they wanted to stay with the other childminders, but the all wanted to come back

7. Likes BallyH liked this post
    Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a baby in March 2014 - I told all parents I was not taking any lengthy leave and it would be 2 weeks maximum (so no different to a long holiday etc). No parents left me, all made emergency cover arrangements as I intended to work right up to birth - so they would only get short notice when I went into labour etc.

As it turned out I worked right through, I was minding on the Thursday, woke on the friday morning with contractions - informed parents - had my baby on the friday lunchtime - told parents I would take weekend and monday and tuesday off and would see them wednesday I was back up the school doing school runs and looking after pre-schoolers with my 5 day old baby. and it all just worked

All my minded children were just as excited and into the new baby as her own siblings were.

btw I work with my husband as full time assistant - this wouldn't have been possible if I hadn't been

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TinyTinker View Post
    I had a baby in March 2014 - I told all parents I was not taking any lengthy leave and it would be 2 weeks maximum (so no different to a long holiday etc). No parents left me, all made emergency cover arrangements as I intended to work right up to birth - so they would only get short notice when I went into labour etc. As it turned out I worked right through, I was minding on the Thursday, woke on the friday morning with contractions - informed parents - had my baby on the friday lunchtime - told parents I would take weekend and monday and tuesday off and would see them wednesday I was back up the school doing school runs and looking after pre-schoolers with my 5 day old baby. and it all just worked All my minded children were just as excited and into the new baby as her own siblings were. btw I work with my husband as full time assistant - this wouldn't have been possible if I hadn't been
    Oh my goodness that's amazing, just 2 weeks off?

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mumofone View Post

Oh my goodness that's amazing, just 2 weeks off?
    No ... 3 working days off!!!

Plus a weekend!

I am in awe!