Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Dec 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default inventory of equipment and resources

Hi does anyone have an inventory of equipment and resources where each item/resource is listed under each of the 7 areas of learning? I appreciate that equipment etc will vary from each of us but I've been trying to do one for hours and I'm struggling to decide which area to list things under. Its for a course I'm doing. Thank you very much.
    Julie X X

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

sorry ... I did start one once ... and then gave up as so much is covered by just one toy/area! I would just list each activity/toy under each and every area! its madness to think that one toy only teaches one thing!

even a simple shape sorter - whilst is basically under 'math/number' it also teaches/encourages hand/eye co-ordination, which is physical devt and patience/concentration etc which I would put under PSE !

GOOD LUCK !

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with loocyloo, a pointless exercise and I would question your tutor/course provider about it. Who can say what a a child gains from a 'doll' or a 'ball' ... could be anything from any area depending on the child and how they are playing.
    If you do feel you 'must' do it then I'd keep it simple: balls, jigsaws- PD, books, crayons- L, dolls- PSED, etc.
    What course is this for, out of interest?
    Such a daft question I would not spend too much time on it if I was you!

Sept 14
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

If you do have to do it could it be done the other way round? Could you put the area of learning and give some examples of which resources could provide the opportunity for learning/ development in that area? As loocyloo & moogy have already said there is so much overlap it could become an endless task. Good luck.

5. Likes FloraDora liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by julie w View Post
    Hi does anyone have an inventory of equipment and resources where each item/resource is listed under each of the 7 areas of learning? I appreciate that equipment etc will vary from each of us but I've been trying to do one for hours and I'm struggling to decide which area to list things under. Its for a course I'm doing. Thank you very much.
    I tried to do similar a while ago but as you're finding out its not so straightforward as you first think, I promptly gave up! X

Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I done it quite some time ago. Listed the toys and resources and practically ticked every box for every item. It's done now and when I purchase new toys and equpment I add them on at the end. Seems pointless but, if it's what they want, I have it done.