Thread: Help

Registered Childminder since
    Mar 95
    Non childminder member
    Nanny
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Help

Hi everyone,

It is me again...well, the child I am nannying for is 14 months, she is very bad at eating, she hates
    fingers food, lumps etc...I think the mother has missed the weaning, she did not know how to do and
    she makes food to the child using curry because of religion beliefs, anyway...
    The mainly think is she cries a lot when we are feeding here, it is very strange, I've never seen it before.
    If I do not force her she is not going to eat, so...what should I do??? following the child and do not give food to her
    because she does not want it or should I force her, at least she eats with cries and screams even if the task
    takes me 1:20 to finish feeding her...
    Videos were a way to feed her, but I have banned it when I started looking after her, I have tried everything
    but the mainly question is: should I feed her even if she does not want to?
    Please, help me!!!

Registered Childminder since
    July 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

No! I would offer it and if she doesn't eat take it away. I'd speak to mum and say you're not happy to force her to eat and suggest she speaks to a health visitor or doctor if it's that bad? Maybe she has a phobia?

3. Likes Hello you liked this post