what do u have on your notice boards?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default what do u have on your notice boards?

I no you don't have to have one but you do have to display your certificate and ofsted parent poster so I got a notice board , I was thinking I could put a prospectus on there too? any other ideas?

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Like you I felt I needed a noticeboard pre registration....there is a thread on here about this....I went for two red glass magnetic squares that went with my home decoration as I am predominantly a home based setting, no playroom.
    I popped my registration certificate, ofsted parents poster and a small mobile phone request....but this didn't last long.
    Everything I have on my walls disappears at 5pm....so now my two squares just look lovely in the hall and a little quirky ( sons partners description)... They will be taken down the next time I decorate...I use it to pop the art work going home that day on to remind me to make sure they take it now.
    In my experience the parents are too busy settling their children, saying goodbye or hello to be bothered to look at something on a board...and are not really interested either! I cannot imagine a situation where a parent may want to phone ofsted with a concern and so stands in my hall looking at the ofsted poster and writing down the number!!
    These two pieces of paper are now attached to a nice wooden skirt hanger/ clip and hand on a cloakroom hook...easily popped away.
    Some people though have said they have a noticeboard for there own use.....
    Ofsted inspector didn't say anything on inspection..she could see I was displaying my certificate ...but didn't mention anything to me.
    I show parents all relevent documentation when they start ...kept in a folder on a bookshelf in my hall...amongst my books but parents know it is there if the un likelyhood they would want to see them again.
    Menus, planning, policies, newsletters etc...are all instantly accessible to parents via an online software programme that they can access on mobile phones or via Internet at home.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have 2 notice boards in my playroom.

The smaller one started off with my Ofsted certificate, Ofsted parent poster, Outstanding certificate, library opening times, meningitis info card and a small emergency first aid card. They're now all hidden under lots of thank you cards and various hanging decorations! To be honest, as parents rarely come into the playroom, they never see the notice board anyway. They have the relevant info in their parent pack and any info I need them to have goes in the daily diary.

My other notice board is a big one and we use that for displays. The children love helping make the display and I enjoy planning it, so it becomes a used resource, not something that's just there with no one taking any notice of it.

Is your notice board situated in a place where parents are likely to be able to see it and have time to stand reading it? At a nursery or playgroup the notice boards are often outside the room, so parents can read them while they're waiting. In a childminding setting parents aren't often left along long enough to be able to read notices on a board in peace, so anything you put on should be something that they can see at a glance and not have to stand reading in great detail. Photos are a nice idea. Initially you could put photos of resources you have, then as you get children in you could put pictures of crafts they have done etc.

I would start of with just the basics - certificate and parent poster, then just see what happens as time goes on. Let it evolve naturally!

4. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I am lucky enough to have a large entrance porch and I bought a huge notice board - it has on it my Ofsted cert, Ofsted poster & insurance certificate, lots of art work that gets changed and sent home every couple of months, my safeguarding booklet, info about meningitis, some exisiting injury slips (for parents to fill in) and a big poster from health authority on exclusions. Parents let themselves into the porch and wait for me to open the door - I hope that they glance at the posters as well as the art work.

Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hectors house View Post
    I am lucky enough to have a large entrance porch and I bought a huge notice board - it has on it my Ofsted cert, Ofsted poster & insurance certificate, lots of art work that gets changed and sent home every couple of months, my safeguarding booklet, info about meningitis, some exisiting injury slips (for parents to fill in) and a big poster from health authority on exclusions. Parents let themselves into the porch and wait for me to open the door - I hope that they glance at the posters as well as the art work.
    Meningitis has been mention a couple of times on here. HH can you please tell me where you got your poster/card from?

Mar 15
    Post Thanks / Like

I wish my notice board was bigger, it currently has the Ofsted parents poster on, my complaints policy and What to Expect, When? In a plastic wallet for parents to freely explore. I also put up new relevant info, like the appropriate Prevent booklet in July and I stick up the children's art to dry next to it, to both display it and remind parents to take it home. My registration certificate and PL insurance are in frames opposite the notice board. I'd like more up there, but I don't have the room. :S My Menus are displayed opposite the eating area in the kitchen.

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MOH View Post
    Meningitis has been mention a couple of times on here. HH can you please tell me where you got your poster/card from?
    I think I was given it on my first aid course, it's just post card sized put has symptoms on - it's from https://www.meningitisnow.org/how-we-help/resources/

9. Likes BallyH liked this post
    Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hectors house View Post
    I think I was given it on my first aid course, it's just post card sized put has symptoms on - it's from https://www.meningitisnow.org/how-we-help/resources/
    Thank you very much.