Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Oct 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Paperwork for new childminder

Hi everyone,

I registered as a childminder last year, but my previous company offered me a great opportunity so i went back to work. Im now going to hand my notice in next week to start childminding at the end of october. My membership of ofsted is still valid, and i still have my policies.

My question is, what other paperwork do i need to get ready to start childminding? Risk assessments? Anything else?

Also insurance wise, do you recommend pacey membership?

Thanks

Vicky

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 9048554 View Post
    Hi everyone,

I registered as a childminder last year, but my previous company offered me a great opportunity so i went back to work. Im now going to hand my notice in next week to start childminding at the end of october. My membership of ofsted is still valid, and i still have my policies.

My question is, what other paperwork do i need to get ready to start childminding? Risk assessments? Anything else?

Also insurance wise, do you recommend pacey membership?

Thanks

Vicky
    The best guidance would be the EYFS 2012...in there you will find all the paperwork and documentation required to practice.

If you are still registered with Ofsted ...all you need to do is 'dust off' your portfolio and bring it up to date
    A few things have changed

If you subscribe to Ofstednews you will also get all the updates in an email which comes regularly.

For representing associations you have a choice of 3 for CMs.
    Pre school Learning Alliance
    Pacey
    Independent Childminders- Social Enterprise...all offer support to cms, membership, and Insurance.

In addition you can also become a member of NeyTCO as an individual CM.

Good luck !