I'm currently potty training my daughter and mindee at the same time. They are a similar age (3), and both fully understand the concept. My daughter has taken to it really well, but I'm having some trouble with mindee and am beginning to wonder if she just isn't ready. She had all summer off with her mum, and mum introduced potty to her in a relaxed way. If she happened to be near the potty and wasn't wearing a nappy, she would use it, but also happily used a nappy. Then I explained to mum what I was doing with my daughter (pants all day apart from nap and bed time, and treats for using the potty), and she wanted me to do the same with mindee. Both children are now entering their second week of this, and my lo has had no accidents in 5 days and will tell us she needs to go without being prompted. Mindee, however, seems to need a wee every 15-20 minutes and still manages to wet her pants in between sometimes. I do reminders about 2-3 times an hour that she should let me know if she needs the potty, and I've spoken to parents about not letting her have loads to drink before she gets here, and I've also stopped treats for using the potty (in case she was pushing herself to go more often so she can have another treat). Despite all of this, she is still going frequently. It means we're pretty much stuck to the house because she'd never make it on a bus journey.

My instincts are telling me she's not quite ready if she can't hold it for even an hour, but I was hoping for advice from others as I'm also aware that I may just be eager to call it quits too early because I'm sick of being house bound and cleaning wee off my floors and furniture. Opinions?