Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    pre reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default When should I be registered?

Hello!
    I was wondering if anyone can help me... I have sent off my husband and my CRB/DBS forms and mine has come back... I have filled out the Ofsted registration form online but I can not submit it until my husbands form is back. Does anyone know once I have it back and send off the forms how long it takes for Ofsted to come out for the first visit? AND will they tell me there and then if I have passed and am registered or will I have to wait a few weeks for an answer?
    I have some parents wanting to me to look after their kids but would like a better timescale of when I will be registered!!
    Thank you very much x

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I do not know about time from submission of form to pre-reg visit, but when they do come out for pre-reg visit they will tell you there and then if you will be recommened for registration or not. Then you have to wait for your certificate to come through the post- can be another couple of weeks, you must have certificate in your hand (or on your wall!) before you start work.

Other things you can be working on- decide on your PLI, get car and home insurance quotes for business/CMing use, get ready to sign up with data protection at ICO.org, decide if you are joining Pacey (if not already).

You could be looking at 3-4 months, at a guess (and really, what anyoine says here will only be a guess or based on their own experience, it is rather like a piece of string!). Parents will just have to wait- don't make any promises as the whole process can grind to a halt for no apparent reason.

pre-reg
    Non childminder member
    becoming childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

hi
    after submitting the application form to ofsted, and the inspection visit it took 9 weeks now am waiting for the certificate which will be probably another 2 weeks, it all depends on the time and your area.
    thanks

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi, it took 3 weeks for mine but that was only because I was on holiday else it would have been sooner.