Best way to advertise
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Best way to advertise

I had a flurry of enquiries through childcare.co.uk when I first registered but things have since gone very quiet. What do you find the best most successful way to advertise is? I'm going to try local publications next..

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Most of my work has come through word of mouth. I get recommended by other childminders, existing & previous parents, friends, people who know me through schools, nurseries, toddler groups etc.

I also pick up work through childcare.co.uk. I message people, even those I don't seem ideal for (ie. I can't offer the right days or hours) and tell them what vacancies I have got. You find some are actually more flexible about work hours that it seems. I have also messaged people who say they're looking for a babysitter or nanny and ask if they've considered a childminder.

Facebook seems a popular way of advertising, although haven't tried that myself.

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I have had to let my gold membership drop as there has only been one new family anywhere near me advertise on childcare.co.uk for the last year! I cannot warrant £19.99 to message one person a month who may not use my services anyway! There used to be lots more on there - not sure what changed - maybe facebook became more popular I don't know.

I have had a few through facebook, but majority of my enquiries come from my website. I also have logo tops, car signs etc.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Childcare.co.uk and our local FIS (or whatever it is called now )
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Post Thanks / Like

The Childcare.co.uk website is busier than it has ever been. We currently have over 1300 new parents registering every day seeking childminders.
    Childcare.co.uk
    The UK's largest childcare website
    www.childcare.co.uk

Sept 14
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

For me its been word of mouth, business cards at the school and childcare.co.uk.