Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Registered Childminder since
    Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by clareelizabeth1 View Post
    I think Peppa pig is the bane of my life.

My DS was introduced to her by cousins and now we get in the car barley even pulled out the drive and he's asking are we there yet. It's so boring. She is the most braty TV character ever and makes me want to eat bacon continually
    Me too, but for very different reasons.

They say time is the greatest healer, but even after all these years I'm still bitter that the commissioning committee of Channel 5's Milkshake rejected my very own concept for a top-quality children's show. I'd have made a fortune from the marketing alone.

It was a truly wonderful, charming and original idea. It had everything.

It was all about a family of pink clothes pegs who lived on an improbably steep hill and had lots of adventures together.

But, sadly, despite all the hard work and creative effort I put into it, 'Pippa Peg' was destined never to be seen................

2. Likes FussyElmo, Kiddleywinks, FloraDora liked this post
    Simona Guest

iPad alert!
    The 3 day nanny has this to sort out tonight?
    Channel 4 now

4. Likes Hello you liked this post
    Mar 95
    Non childminder member
    Nanny
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Shame

I have not watched that, shame...

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hello you View Post
    I have not watched that, shame...
    The Three Day Nanny - All 4

You can see it online, free. I watched it after reading about it here- it is really good, worth watching. Series 2 Episode 5 had the iPads in but I guess others episodes do too.

How are things going for you now?

7. Likes Hello you liked this post
    Mar 95
    Non childminder member
    Nanny
    Post Thanks / Like

Dear Moggy,

Thanks for asking, you are adorable. I've explained to the parents that if they do not cooperate with banning IPad during meals, they are not going to cut off this habit, altogether, because I cannot do it alone, the partnership between me and them is very important...they seem agreed, but I am not there during dîner time neither during weekends.

The child is still settling with me, getting used, she cries a lot during meals time.
    She keeps the food inside her mouth, taking ages to swallow, sometimes she spits it of, I take an hour to feed her, it is a BATTLE

Other little detail, the mother rock her to help her fall asleep in a rocking chair, and I have to do the same, I do not agree with this habit because she is going to have hard time when she goes to the nursery next year, nobody is going to rock her, so this is a new concern that is emerging in my head.
    It is their first child, the child is a princess but as a carer I do not know if I follow the mothers instructions to not have problems with her or if I say what I really think about it.

This child has lots of bad habits, poor baby!

I am still needing help from you all, sorry about that!

Thanks à lot!

Quote Originally Posted by moggy View Post
    The Three Day Nanny - All 4

You can see it online, free. I watched it after reading about it here- it is really good, worth watching. Series 2 Episode 5 had the iPads in but I guess others episodes do too.

How are things going for you now?

Simona Guest

Dear Moggy,

Thanks for asking, you are adorable. I've explained to the parents that if they do not cooperate with banning IPad during meals, they are not going to cut off this habit, altogether, because I cannot do it alone, the partnership between me and them is very important...they seem agreed, but I am not there during dîner time neither during weekends.

The child is still settling with me, getting used, she cries a lot during meals time.
    She keeps the food inside her mouth, taking ages to swallow, sometimes she spits it of, I take an hour to feed her, it is a BATTLE

Other little detail, the mother rock her to help her fall asleep in a rocking chair, and I have to do the same, I do not agree with this habit because she is going to have hard time when she goes to the nursery next year, nobody is going to rock her, so this is a new concern that is emerging in my head.
    It is their first child, the child is a princess but as a carer I do not know if I follow the mothers instructions to not have problems with her or if I say what I really think about it.

This child has lots of bad habits, poor baby!

I am still needing help from you all, sorry about that!

Thanks à lot!
    I feel for you and well done for being persistent and continuing at your job....do stick to your guns...the parenst have in tend show respect for you and co-operate!

Why not suggest to mum she too watches the 3 Day nanny with you...or by herself ? it will be a good positive lesson for her
    in most cases the habit and behaviour exhibited by the children were due to parents inability to understand these were easily addressed by a simple change of boundaries and parenting style.

I think we have all seen these examples you mention: rocking to sleep, dummies, and Ipad use at inappropriate times and all can be stopped...the children will be the winners for it.

10. Likes Hello you liked this post
    Mar 95
    Non childminder member
    Nanny
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi everybody, how has been your week?

Well, I have new's to tell you, about my experience. The mother is not following my advises,
    as she keeps putting the IPad on for the child during feeding time, but, she is hidding it from
    me and also she gives milk to the child during the night when she wakes up because of her
    teething pain, she does not say the truth and I think it is sad.

To make the child eating is very tiring, I spend at least 1h and she cries à lot....I do not how to
    deal with this kind of situation, it is very frustrating because I want to do a proper job, you know?

Thanks

Simona Guest

Hi everybody, how has been your week?

Well, I have new's to tell you, about my experience. The mother is not following my advises,
    as she keeps putting the IPad on for the child during feeding time, but, she is hidding it from
    me and also she gives milk to the child during the night when she wakes up because of her
    teething pain, she does not say the truth and I think it is sad.

To make the child eating is very tiring, I spend at least 1h and she cries à lot....I do not how to
    deal with this kind of situation, it is very frustrating because I want to do a proper job, you know?

Thanks
    Great week...thank you.... but can't say the same for you!!
    it sounds as if you are having a tough time and making no progress.
    It looks like mum does not want to co-operate with you and find some 'common' behaviour guidelines.

Personally I feel there are 2 paths you can take

1. stay and put up with it
    but make sure you are clear on 'who is in charge' at mealtimes. If both you and mum are there the child will continue to be confused by the different boundaries.

2. Start looking for an alternative position.
    We know you 'need the job' but there are many families who also need a good nanny who is willing to work with them and for them....if that is what you feel is best you would give the appropriate notice when you find a different job.

Speak to mum one last time but this time make sure she gets the message.
    Keep us posted.

13. Likes Hello you liked this post
    Mar 95
    Non childminder member
    Nanny
    Post Thanks / Like

Dear adorable Simona!

The thing is the mother is who makes the food for the child and she is not at home anymore as she came back to her professional life!

I have only to keep the child eating the food she prepared for the child and it is very hard moment for me and for the child.
    Personally I do not care about her crying, but it is just tiring situation....

Anyway, the position suits me perfect, only feeding and sleeping time complicated situation for me to deal with.

Thank you so much!

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    Great week...thank you.... but can't say the same for you!!
    it sounds as if you are having a tough time and making no progress.
    It looks like mum does not want to co-operate with you and find some 'common' behaviour guidelines.

Personally I feel there are 2 paths you can take

1. stay and put up with it
    but make sure you are clear on 'who is in charge' at mealtimes. If both you and mum are there the child will continue to be confused by the different boundaries.

2. Start looking for an alternative position.
    We know you 'need the job' but there are many families who also need a good nanny who is willing to work with them and for them....if that is what you feel is best you would give the appropriate notice when you find a different job.

Speak to mum one last time but this time make sure she gets the message.
    Keep us posted.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123