Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Starting school book?

Hi,
    My 3 year old son is starting nursery in sept at the school he'll go to next year and obviously with me childminding doesn't get left with others much so I'm trying to prepare him in advance by talking about it all lots etc.
    just thought a book might help, are there any people recommend? He's 3 this week so a younger one in his class.
    Was also considering something similar as a leaving gift for a little one I mind who's off to start reception in sept.
    Also if anyone has any advice to make the transition smoother I'd appreciate it, I know he'll love it as soon as he gets over me not being there with him!
    Thanks!

June86
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a lovely story book See You Later Mum, by Jennifer Northway the children love it its about a little boy who starts Nursery school

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

My two favourites are 'A Pocketful of Kisses' and 'The Kissing Hand'. I can't think who they are written by off the top of my head but if you google them it will come up. If you look for one of them on Amazon it will also recommend loads of other books about starting school. Take down the titles and order them at your library - that's what I do (although I bought the two books I mentioned as they are gorgeous and make me cry. I always buy 'The Kissing Hand' for mine when they leave to start school or nursery. x

4. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Brilliant thanks, I actually came across an older thread where the kissing hand was mentioned and I ordered it yesterday going on the Amazon reviews! I'll order some more from the library, we went to the big library yesterday and they had nothing, all the new situation books were out so I need to find out names and reserve
    Thanks for suggestions so far gives me a good starting point x