Flora Dora...I am one of those CM who has been doing this job since 2001 as a CM when I closed my preschool.
what has changed?
We were supported via Social Services, advised properly and always recommended what to do that was 'best for children'
SS were always on the other side of the phone, visited whenever we needed any help, their inspections were carried out in a positive way, always encouraging, truthful, and praising efforts even when the 'changes' started to appear.

I believe very strongly that CMs really cope under the circumstances as we are left mostly on our own by LAs who have diluted their support, who seem to have 152 variations on conditions for this and that.

Ofsted...well the inspectorate could be a little less critical of CMs in my view and not constantly taking swipes at us...despite that CMs have risen to the challenge and continue to raise their inspection grades.
The disparity in qualifications...CMs do not need any
EYFS Policies...all have to do them...not Cms
The current drive towards 'school led' EY and constant referring to 'nurseries'
The CIF...what is that about? hard to relate it to EY
Inspections...we have undergone inspections by poorly qualified inspectors who have caused havoc with their individual interpretations on various issues...ratios being one.
Paperwork...it can be managed if CMs do not produce extra 'just to please Ofsted'
Funding...it has taken a lot of efforts to get CMs included in that
Last but not least Ofsted immediate support for agencies...nothing to do with better care but huge savings in registering and inspecting cms!

it can be understood if many CMs have had enough...hard to do a job with such constant pressure and relentless changes...the teachers are not that amused either as NUT is clearly stating each day...they have a shortage of teachers now...why?

But I know Cms are resilient and will soldier on!...ours is the best form of childcare available to children who are now pushed into school at 2 just because HMCI thinks that is best for them!

Keep going everyone